Breaking Bad - The Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Bad - The Finale

The finale commentary thread ... do not enter unless you up to date with the currently aired episode.

Begins 11th August.

What a voice. Like an American version of one of those high brow Shakespearean actors.

The Breaking Bad panel from the 2013 Comic Con

Bryan Cranston walked around Comic Con wearing a Walter White mask and greeting people in a fake voice.

Comment

Comment

My wife hadn't been watching so we're catching her up...just started season 2.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

On the way home from work my brother and I were wondering, "WTF do we watch once Breaking Bad is done?" He half-jokingly said he was going to stop watching TV. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            My wife hadn't been watching so we're catching her up...just started season 2.
            Just finished season 2 last night (again). It's probably the best season. It also contains the best episode of the whole series IMO, the water boiler episode.

The sick thing is that I watched all 5 series back to back about 3 months ago. Flawless, and there's always something new.

New favourite thing: Walt's bad acting and fake laugh when he's lying to his family. Skyler doesn't get enough credit in these scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              On the way home from work my brother and I were wondering, "WTF do we watch once Breaking Bad is done?" He half-jokingly said he was going to stop watching TV. Haha.
              Vince Gilligan is pitching a spin off series "Better Call Saul" ... that should help ease the transition.

Comment

I can't wait for Sunday! So who is the first character that has appeared in another season to die in the final 8 episodes? I'll go with Lydia, though Hank being killed off by Walt would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  I can't wait for Sunday! So who is the first character that has appeared in another season to die in the final 8 episodes? I'll go with Lydia, though Hank being killed off by Walt would be interesting.
                  I've been avoiding all potential spoilers ... just gonna let it happen. There is so much left to tie up, I find it hard to believe they will be able to do everything in 8 episodes without something major happening.

Comment

Give this a shot before the final season starts if you can

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Give this a shot before the final season starts if you can

http://www.bettingbad.com/
                      Just got my bets in.

Comment

Holy FUUUUUUUU was the final scene amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                          Holy FUUUUUUUU was the final scene amazing.
                          Tread lightly

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Tread lightly
                            I usually read Sepinwall, but Greenwald's recap http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...th-blood-money is excellent.

Comment

I'm glad they advanced the plot quickly. With so many loose ends, I was worried they would drag out the Hank-knows storyline too long. This should be pretty fast paced from now on.

The dialogue in that last scene was weird and unorthodox. The writing is different class.

Comment

Working...
                              X