Who wants to fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to fight?

I'm going to underground Fight Club in an hour, 4 rings with 5 fights, so you've got about a 1 in 4 chance of fighting if you show up. 16oz gloves, 3 3 min rounds, survive round 1 and you generally win because guys punch themselves out (50% are too drunk or tweaking). This is my third time, didn't fight the first time which helped a lot in terms of figuring things out. Having a dad that boxed in the air force helps even more....I tried to taunt my work group into going, but they pussed out
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

I'll have some punch. The cake was a little dry.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      I'll have some punch. The cake was a little dry.
      there is cake and punch, and $2 tamales. It is very civilized! There's only 3 girl fights a night, those tend to be the worst, because some angry chola gets matched up with some poor drunk princess who was not ready to get punched in the face...
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I thought rule #1 was that you aren't supposed to talk about this.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I thought rule #1 was that you aren't supposed to talk about this.
          and rule #2.

the chick fights might be interesting if they follow rule #6...

and obviously they aren't following rule #8.

good luck, FB .
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

didn't have to fight, but my head feels like it. Got a sneak peek at the matchups and didn't see my name so escalated up the drinking, "too drunk" is almost as bad as "punched out in round 1" for lowering your chances of victory/survival, those 1lb gloves can get awfully heavy in rounds 2 and 3. My strategy the one time I had to fight was to focus on the body and on uppercuts in round one, with a jab or three mixed in. My opponent was punched out in the middle of round 2 and "submitted" in round 3. (this isn't MMA, straight boxing, no low blows, or muai thai stuff, you are wearing headgear as well)

Comment

was thinking about this this weekend... what does it say about our society that people go to places to get into fights? In more than half the world (citation needed) people spend much their time trying to live, but here we are going out to places to get into fights. something is wrong with that.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Probably a more socially acceptable alternative to beating the kids, wife or family pets?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  Probably a more socially acceptable alternative to beating the kids, wife or family pets?
                  if your choices have come down to beating your family or fighting drunk strangers, something has gone horribly wrong in your life.
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                    if your choices have come down to beating your family or fighting drunk strangers, something has gone horribly wrong in your life.
                    Could not agree more.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Oh, crap. I agree with Mith.

Comment

Not saying I don't think it doesn't sound interesting... I just wonder what that says about me that I do.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Not saying I don't think it doesn't sound interesting...
                          if a double negative means the positive, then i guess a triple negative takes it back to the negative, so, uh... you're against it?

I just wonder what that says about me that I do.
                          if you think it sounds interesting to -

1 - beat up a stranger
                          2 - get beat up by a stanger
                          3 - watch two strangers beat each other up

then i think you have an unhealthy fascination with violence, and you might want to consider why that is.
                          ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

if a double negative means the positive, then i guess a triple negative takes it back to the negative, so, uh... you're against it?

if you think it sounds interesting to -

1 - beat up a stranger
                            2 - get beat up by a stanger
                            3 - watch two strangers beat each other up

then i think you have an unhealthy fascination with violence, and you might want to consider why that is.
                            Heyelander says behind the bikesheds after school. Unless you're a chicken?

Comment

if a double negative means the positive, then i guess a triple negative takes it back to the negative, so, uh... you're against it? :
                              Hey, I said I was confused by my feelings about the whole thing... or maybe I didn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X