Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm bill passed..SNAP program gutted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farm bill passed..SNAP program gutted...

Nice.. the GOP just never fails to do the wrong thing...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

The less people sucking on the government teat the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
      The less people sucking on the government teat the better.
      How is it good to let continue to let rich corporate farms continue to suck on the government teat while turning the poor away?!

"The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God." - Luke

"He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and not be answered." - Proverbs

"Do not encroach on the fields of the fatherless, for their Defender is strong: he will take up their case against you." -Proverbs
      Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        How is it good to let continue to let rich corporate farms continue to suck on the government teat while turning the poor away?!
        Duh...because they vote Republican

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          The less poor people sucking on the government teat the better.
          Fixed.

I have never understood this mentality. It is wrong economically, morally and politically, yet remains the mantra of the right.

Comment

All of you "caring" about "poor" people should donate every cent you make to those less fortunate. Keep enough money to get by, but do not get any luxury items, cancel your cable, sell your car and take the bus. Give everything extra you have to those less fortunate. How can you say you really care while sitting in your house with central air and watching netflix with eating a steak and throwing half away because you're not hungry anymore. You all are such noble beings. Champions of the poor! All talk. Walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              In the shocker of the century, hypocrite shitbag Republicans drive money away from the poor and into their own fat little hands:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395[/ATTACH]
              Aren't a couple of the guys listed in the article Democrats?
              I'm sure you missed them accidentally.

Comment

Never go full retard. Or, if you insist on doing so, know the difference between the Senate and the House of Representatives.

smh
                Retard, huh? Nice. I guess it's ok to use that term if you don't know anyone that's mentally disabled. Good for you.
                Maybe if you spent some time around those folks you wouldn't be such a dbag but I doubt it

Comment

In the shocker of the century, hypocrite shitbag Republicans drive money away from the poor and into their own fat little hands:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395[/ATTACH]
                  What I don't understand is why the two programs are tied together. Farm subsidies is one thing. Food stamps are another thing entirely.

I think the article is a bit inflammatory. It implies that the money they received was improper or unnecessary. Of course they're going to have agricultural ownership stakes somewhere - they come from communities and states that invest in agriculture and that have many types of farmers among its populace. It's important that they do have a vested interest in the policy they create. However, its important that it benefit all farms equally based on need, not just those type of farms the lawmaker can benefit from directly.

I think in both cases you'll always have people that will stretch the limits of qualification and sully programs of good intent. But should both programs be withdrawn because of that? No.

But the funding and structure of these two important social programs should really be decided separately. Where are the Representatives from areas where SNAP spending is highest?
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

So because it's a movie quote, I guess it ok in your eyes.
                    I think you are one of the biggest fools on is site but I'm going to help you out anyway.....it's never cool to use that term to describe anyone with special needs or to use it as a punch line to mock someone.
                    Do what you want with that information.

Comment

eldiablo is as intolerant as the people he claims to hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X