James Gandolfini Dead at 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Gandolfini Dead at 51

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead_n_3468861.html

Wow, 51 is so young. He has a daughter not even a year old as well. Very sad.

Damn ...

Comment

Wow. I would have guessed 10 years older.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Very low key guy, he was a good friend of one of my friends. Eat some pizza, drink a beer then grab a cab to his show.

Favorite Tony Soprano quote:
        talking w/ Melfi...
        "I can't find Pussy anywhere."

Comment

Some less than reputable sources are reporting it's a hoax. Lets hope it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            Some less than reputable sources are reporting it's a hoax. Lets hope it is.
            my pal sez he was with his sister and daughter on the way to Sicily, and they are incoherent. gotta feel bad for his wife, if my report is true. Dead husband and daughter too many hours away.

Comment

Apparently people are putting candles at the Sopranos house in my hometown.

Comment

HBO confirmed it to Variety hours ago. He's gone.

The definitive writer re The Sopranos has his unique take:

(saving a side note of that for a more appropriate time)
                Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I never watched the Sopranos, and I still loved his acting. RIP James.

On another note, I can't believe none of you Dead Poolers drafted him. How tragic.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Unbelievably tragic. I'm stunned.

Comment

hoo boy

“Sopranos” star James Gandolfini, who struggled with booze addiction in his final weeks, scarfed down a decadent final meal that included at least eight alcoholic drinks, The Post has learned.

Gandolfini guzzled four shots of rum, two pina coladas, and two beers at dinner with his son — while he chowed down on two orders of fried king prawns and a “large portion” of foie gras, a hotel source in Rome said.

The Emmy Award winner had attended several Alcoholics Anonymous meetings on Perry Street in the West Village, but people who saw him there “didn’t think that he was serious about getting sober,” said a source familiar with the matter.

“I can confirm he has been known to blow lines and drink like an Irish sailor on weekend leave,” said another source.

Hours before he keeled over from a massive heart attack, the actor sat down for a 7 p.m. meal with his son, Michael, 13, at the Boscolo Exedra Roma hotel’s outdoor restaurant.

Gandolfini, 51, first ordered a pina colada with two additional shots of rum on the side.

He followed that up with an identical round — a pina colada and two shots — and then downed two beers, the source said.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I saw a documentary he made last year ... I think was about war veterans, can't remember exactly. But he didn't look like a specimen of good health.

Comment

Man, overweight actors do not last long in Hollywood. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            hoo boy

“Sopranos” star James Gandolfini, who struggled with booze addiction in his final weeks, scarfed down a decadent final meal that included at least eight alcoholic drinks, The Post has learned.

Gandolfini guzzled four shots of rum, two pina coladas, and two beers at dinner with his son — while he chowed down on two orders of fried king prawns and a “large portion” of foie gras, a hotel source in Rome said.

The Emmy Award winner had attended several Alcoholics Anonymous meetings on Perry Street in the West Village, but people who saw him there “didn’t think that he was serious about getting sober,” said a source familiar with the matter.

“I can confirm he has been known to blow lines and drink like an Irish sailor on weekend leave,” said another source.

Hours before he keeled over from a massive heart attack, the actor sat down for a 7 p.m. meal with his son, Michael, 13, at the Boscolo Exedra Roma hotel’s outdoor restaurant.

Gandolfini, 51, first ordered a pina colada with two additional shots of rum on the side.

He followed that up with an identical round — a pina colada and two shots — and then downed two beers, the source said.
                            Chris Farley-esque

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                              Chris Farley-esque
                              I can think of worse ways to go ...

Comment

Working...
                              X