No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen, your PM box is full, but the answer to your question is yes.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Whoops, sorry about the full PM box.

Yeah, I figured that was the one you were thinking of.

Comment

Yep, it was I Will Follow. I almost took it at the 1/2 turn. Would never have thought it would have made it to the third round, behind three Rattle and Hum songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          I'm amazed that there's a certain song still out there, but I'm almost 100% sure that either Johnny or Stephen will take it.

I don't think Angel of Harlem would have lasted to the fifth round. Some people don't care for Rattle and Hum, but that was a pretty big hit.
          I'm guessing "I Will follow" was not the song you were thinking off ... I'm probably off the straight and narrow from here on

Edit: ignore this post I guess

Comment

Yeah, I am shocked it lasted that long. I'm not shocked that you took it though Johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Yeah, I am shocked it lasted that long. I'm not shocked that you took it though Johnny.
              I'm ready with my picks as soon as you post yours.

(Unless you jank one of mine.)

Comment

Posted. I took New Year's Day which is anything I am surprised is still around.

Comment

Uh, I took New Year's Day in the first round.

Comment

Yeah, that was a total copy and paste fail. Sorry about that.

Comment

• 8 songs from The Joshua Tree are gone in three rounds. There are only 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        8 songs from The Joshua Tree are gone in three rounds. There are only 11.
                        Love the Exit pick. Like a lot of the quieter songs in the REM draft, this one really takes on a life of its own in concert.
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Ouch! Stephen just burned me twice with In God's Country and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Great picks.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Thanks man.

I expected to take a little ribbing for Wild Horses, but it's just too good.

Comment

• Was flipping a few coins there. If I didn't already have a "Boy" track, it'd have been an easier choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                Boy is my other go-to U2 record (along with the obvious) ... so that was kind off a no-brainer in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X