No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way back when, the band and their label changed their minds about whether to release a certain song as a single (I won't identify it because it hasn't been picked yet) because Bono said he didn't want to play it live because he didn't think he could hit the high notes in concert. Perhaps a similar decision-making process should have been employed here.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Well, they do say that U2 is the biggest influence on Coldplay

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        You need to try a Vintage Draft if you like irrelevant, spontaneous (see meaningless) drafts
        I rarely follow the rules of the main draft there even...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          And the snaking begins...
          All right - who let the Irishman in the draft?

Killing me, johnny. I fulled expected Running to Stand Still to make it to me on the turn. That really makes my next two picks so much harder.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Welp, there goes the other one I was considering. Damn you Erik!

Not a huge fan of "Mysterious Ways" - it's a good enough song, but I usually turn the radio station when it comes on. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is another one of my favorites, great pick.
            If I was in this draft "Sunday Bloody Sunday" would have been my first pick if it was available
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

The video for Gloria was my very first exposure to U2. It was in heavy rotation when we first got MTV in 1982.

Comment

The band almost broke up during the recording of October because some of them, The Edge in particular, weren't sure if they could continue to reconcile their Christian beliefs/practices with being in a full-time rock band. The lyrics of many of its songs reflect this struggle.

Comment

All I Want Is You was definitely under consideration. It is my favorite from Rattle and Hum.

Comment

Overkill is the Wildcard of this draft. Not only did he already delve into the '00s, he picked the title track of UFF, which I figured would be around for a while. It's great, but there are still many more out there that are much more famous (in the US, anyway.)

Comment

Yeah, he's making me rethink the "No one will take that song, you can wait until the last round" for one of my favorite U2 tracks.

Comment

Sheep might have to move his sleeper 5th round pick up a round or two. :shrug:

Comment

That's what happens when you let a novice in . I'm not sure which of the non-radio songs are popular among the diehards so I'm just going with the songs I'm aware of that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Early U2 was some epic stuff.
                            I'm a bit surprised that only three songs from the first three albums have gone. Those are the ones that are the answer to "how did this band become such a big deal?"

Comment

I'm amazed that there's a certain song still out there, but I'm almost 100% sure that either Johnny or Stephen will take it.

I don't think Angel of Harlem would have lasted to the fifth round. Some people don't care for Rattle and Hum, but that was a pretty big hit.

Comment

Angel of Harlem certainly wouldn't have made it to the fifth round. It's one of my personal favorites and was planning to take it with the 2nd of my upcoming picks.

I am surprised at a couple of the songs still available as well. There is one that I'm really hoping falls to me. I wonder if we're again thinking of the same song?

Comment

Working...
                                X