No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I wonder if we should have a "Best A Side of an Album" draft?

1.1 The Joshua Tree, U2

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      It was a tough call between that and Bullet the Blue Sky -- which is probably my favorite live tune of theirs. Just so intense.
      Back in the days when I was experimenting with LSD a lot, The Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum were in heavy rotation on my acid playlist. Anyone who's experimented with acid understands what happens with music while you're tripping, and how certain songs can become seared into your psyche forever. Bad and Bullet The Blue Sky are two such songs for me - they are imprinted on my soul like cosmic tattoos. If I had had the 1.01 and 1.02 picks in this draft, those are the two songs I would have taken, so now I can be happy no matter what I do or don't get going forward.

There is one of their lesser songs that I really want, but I'm pretty sure I can get it in the second half.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Um, sure!

Damn, this draft is flying. At this rate we'll be done in mere days.
        Good!

All of my favorite U2 songs have already been picked so I'm glad I sat this one out. My top 5: Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, With or Without You, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

1.02 Abby Road - Side 2
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Snaking from Mith:

1.03 Rush, Moving Pictures, Side 1
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

1.04 - Electric Ladyland, Side 3
              1.05 - Electric Ladyland, Side 4
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                There is one of their lesser songs that I really want, but I'm pretty sure I can get it in the second half.
                Lets us know which one it is when it's picked. It's always interesting to see which non-famous songs people get really passionate about.

Comment

Lets us know which one it is when it's picked. It's always interesting to see which non-famous songs people get really passionate about.
                  I'll take it in Round 5. You all have until then to figure out what it is and steal it from me.

I've put it into every poker night playlist since I started hosting my monthly home poker game 20 years ago, so it's become a running joke - "When will we hear [that U2 song]?" When it hits, I'll usually do a shot, just to amuse the crowd.

Comment

1.06 Billy Joel - The Stranger
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      1.02 Abby Road - Side 2
                      It's best A side, pay attention!
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        1.04 - Electric Ladyland, Side 3
                        1.05 - Electric Ladyland, Side 4
                        You too
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          You too
                          At least I spelled mine correctly...

Comment

Best spontaneous draft for which most people didn't follow instructions:

1.01 Best A Side of an album, DMT

Comment

Best spontaneous draft for which most people didn't follow instructions:

1.01 Best A Side of an album, DMT
                              You need to try a Vintage Draft if you like irrelevant, spontaneous (see meaningless) drafts

Comment

This might be U2's greatest ever live performance ... enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X