No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a song that should have been taken uno, dos or tres (but not catorce) rounds ago, but is still out there for some reason. I didn't have room for it.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      C'mon, folks. I've been accused numerous times of being a music snob, but you guys are letting ******* pass just because it was commercially successful and critically acclaimed?
      Apple fatigue?

Comment

• Putting my picks into a 10-song album, I get:

STARTING A LANDSLIDE

Side A

1. A Celebration
        2. Even Better than the Real Thing
        3. New Year's Day
        4. Wire
        5. Dirty Day

Side B

1. Mysterious Ways
        2. A Day Without Me
        3. I Threw a Brick through a Window
        4. Exit
        5. Love Comes Tumbling

Comment

• Don't worry. The elephant in the room has been selected.

Comment

• Living to Love to Live

Side A
            1 Vertigo
            2 Stories for Boys
            3 Elevation
            4 In God's Country
            5 Sunday Bloody Sunday

Side B
            1 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
            2 Who's Gonna Ride Your Hide Horses
            3 Sweetest Thing
            4 Original of the Species
            5 Dancing Barefoot

Comment

• "A Celebration" was one of my songs. I had that on a college-radio mixtape that lasted for years. It's one of their most obscure songs, yet to me one of their most familiar.

I think it's about the best thing they ever did, but they buried it a long time ago because of the controversial lyric "I believe in a Third World War, I believe in the atomic bomb", which always did make me scratch my head.

Now that I think about it, it was Bono who sang the questionable "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you" on 'Do They Know It's Christmas". I always wondered whether he has any idea what the hell he's spouting.
              One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Even as an '00's apologist, I'm still not a huge fan of "Vertigo". If I don't find anything I like while doing some more research I might be forced to take another new song for my last pick.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't have the same revelation as the Bowie draft where I discovered a ton of previously unheard music I liked. It's probably more about me preferring 70's music over 80's music and the fact that Bowie has such a deeper catalog.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ManCalledFoot;141933Now that I think about it, it was Bono who sang the questionable "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you" on 'Do They Know It's Christmas". I always wondered whether he has any idea what the hell he's spouting.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet that, like me, you can sing all of the words, intonations, hand gestures, performers of that video - in correct order. I have seen it way too many times

Everyone of those performers was really big at that time - especially some of the sillier brit "superstars"

...having fuuuuuun - from the whiny simon lebon

Comment

• Straddle And Cum

Side 1:

Desire
                    Angel Of Harlem
                    Silver And Gold
                    Bullet The Blue Sky

Side 2:

Bad
                    In A Little While
                    So Cruel
                    Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
                    Love Is Blindness
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Side 2 of Sheep's album is mellow as hell. I suppose, given the album title*, it's U2's version of a slow-jam mix.

* -- which probably precludes it from being sold in Wal-Mart.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        I am willing to bet that, like me, you can sing all of the words, intonations, hand gestures, performers of that video - in correct order. I have seen it way too many times

Everyone of those performers was really big at that time - especially some of the sillier brit "superstars"

...having fuuuuuun - from the whiny simon lebon
                        Yeesh ... watching that again reminded me how much I thought 80's music sucked while growing up in the 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Side 2 of Sheep's album is mellow as hell. I suppose, given the album title*, it's U2's version of a slow-jam mix.

* -- which probably precludes it from being sold in Wal-Mart.
                          Not mellow... atmospheric.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              or more like this?

Comment

• I saw Alan Cumming live in Cabaret back in 1998. He was freaking phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X