No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI "Faraway, So Close!" is the sequel to one of my favourite movies of all time, "Wings Of Desire".

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Overkill has timed out. Sheep may pick.
      And finally my favorite U2 song was selected. Well done Sheep!
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I did not expect Desire to last until the 5th round, nor have 4 other songs from Rattle and Hum go before it.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Happy to see "When Love Comes to Town" get picked. It was, indeed, overplayed on the radio, but it is an outstanding performance by B.B.

Comment

• I've always liked U2's version of Dancing Barefoot. It's better than about half the stuff that made it on to Rattle and Hum.

Comment

• Wire was my next pick. Damnit ... Now I have to think on a Sunday morning.

Comment

I've always liked U2's version of Dancing Barefoot. It's better than about half the stuff that made it on to Rattle and Hum.
                Yeah, it's one that I might have been able to wait on, but it's one of my favorites and didn't want to miss out.

When I saw them at MSG and Patti Smith was introduced I was really hoping they'd do this song, but instead they did Instant Karma.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Red Hill Mining Town is my favorite U2 song and the one that I would have picked first. Good jam, that one.
                  Love red hill mining town. Waffled back and forth between that and one tree hill. Also considered desire instead of love comes to town.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Wire was my next pick. Damnit ... Now I have to think on a Sunday morning.
                    Wire was gonna by my next pick, too. Then Stay. Ah, well, I haven't touched Achtung, Baby yet, so...
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      Wire was gonna by my next pick, too. Then Stay. Ah, well, I haven't touched Achtung, Baby yet, so...
                      I received a copy of Achtung Baby right after it came out, because a friend of mine knew "The Producers" was one of my all-time favorite movies.

Comment

• Heyelander has timed out. Long John may pick.

Comment

• Heyelander is skipped again and can post two picks whenever. Overkill is up.

Comment

• An Cat Dubh might have been my next pick ...

Nice pick.

Comment

• ACD is stellar, love the transition between it and the song that follows it.

Comment

ACD is stellar, love the transition between it and the song that follows it.
                                Yeah ... I said "might" because I've already got 2 "Boy" songs. Really wanted "Wire" for them my Unforgettable Fire selection.

Really not sure where I'll go with my next pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X