No announcement yet.

REM Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a song that in the late '80s was nearly as inescapable as The One I Love and amazingly it hasn't been picked yet.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      There's a song that in the late '80s was nearly as inescapable as The One I Love and amazingly it hasn't been picked yet.
      There's 2 or 3 of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Yep. There were a ton of US "jangle-rock" bands in the early and mid 80s, but one of the things that set REM apart was the bass lines.
        It's always the bass lines.

Comment

• I have a list so long right now that I'm not sure what I'm going to pick after Sheep's picks. I do have a couple of overplayed earworms on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            I was seriously considering taking So. Central Rain as my 1st rounder so I'm quite pleased to get it late 3rd.
            I was hoping against hope for it with my 4th pick
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• dmt can burn in hell for snaking gardening. i thought sure it'd make it back to me. grrrrr.

ETA: my connectivity is off-and-on today. i'm chaperoning middle and high school choirs at a competition. i'm around, just don't expect immediate an immediate response when i'm up.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                dmt can burn in hell for snaking gardening. i thought sure it'd make it back to me. grrrrr.
                That's the spirit.

Comment

• I was hoping King of Birds would last a little longer. Good pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    dmt can burn in hell for snaking gardening. i thought sure it'd make it back to me. grrrrr.

ETA: my connectivity is off-and-on today. i'm chaperoning middle and high school choirs at a competition. i'm around, just don't expect immediate an immediate response when i'm up.
                    My work here is done.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Should we create a roster thread?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• freaky... I'm not supposed to be able to load any new software onto my computer. Even Java updates usually require an admin to come over and put in a password, but spotify just installed no problem.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          freaky... I'm not supposed to be able to load any new software onto my computer. Even Java updates usually require an admin to come over and put in a password, but spotify just installed no problem.
                          A trick that used to work was installing the program to a flash drive. I used to get poker platforms to work on the Uni network like that.

Comment

• Some (not all) of the REM die-hards I know really hate "Shiny Happy People." So I was not surprised to see it last this long.

I think it's a nice little ditty, but it's not representative of what REM is all about.

Comment

• Excellent pick with Shiny Happy People. I really flip flopped between that and Perfect Circle and figured the Poppy song would have a better chance of getting back to me with this crowd.

One of the criteria I'm using personally is songs that make me think back to specific moments in my life and Shiny Happy People never fails to make me smile no matter how shitty of a mood I'm in.

Still, I almost don't even think of it as an R.E.M. song as much as I do a B-52s song made with R.E.M.

Comment

• Cuyahoga was a strong contender for my next pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X