Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Is there a clock on this thing?
    I don't think Fresno Bob will mind us skipping him ...

... we can add a 6 hour clock from here on. Hopefully we won't need it.

Comment

• Okay, I went ahead and picked.

Comment

• Damnit ... The Great Beyond was my next pick. Knew it would be risky to let Lucky have 2 shots at it.

Comment

• Sorry. I wanted to pick it in Round 3, but I had to get "At My Most Beautiful" for Alice.

I think The Great Beyond is a really well written song. I understand it was well received in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            So what are the REM songs you are listening to as a result of the draft?

Of the songs that have been drafted so far:

Ignoreland (had it on repeat for hours after Lucky picked it)
            So. Central Rain (kinda knew I wasn't going to be able to find room)
            Driver 8 (never gets old)
            Nightswimming (one of the best ever climaxes to a pop song ... I think it's a clarinet, it's not deep enough to be an oboe. My favorite song ending is 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins ... both have orchestral climaxes)
            Perfect Circle

... the latest ... Try Not To Breathe ... totally forgot about that. Great little song.
            Ignoreland
            So. Central Rain
            Nightswimming
            Find the River
            King of Birds
            Perfect Circle

have pretty much been in constant rotation since the draft started.

Oh and one other one that is still out there that I'm hoping to take with my next pick.

Comment

• I've been cramming like this is an exam. I have now listened to Murmur and Accelerate and one of their greatest hits.I also listened to the three albums I own. I must say, you guys have failed to pick some really good songs and picked some not so good ones.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Anytime you have a music draft you're going to have a lot of subjectivity in terms of what is good and what is not so good though. At least with R.E.M. the ones that I feel are "not so good" are still pretty damned good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Anytime you have a music draft you're going to have a lot of subjectivity in terms of what is good and what is not so good though. At least with R.E.M. the ones that I feel are "not so good" are still pretty damned good.
                  LOL...I was just goofing around anyway.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I finally got the video to Shiny Happy People posted...so you all can enjoy Ms. Pierson.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I don't think Fresno Bob will mind us skipping him ...

... we can add a 6 hour clock from here on. Hopefully we won't need it.
                      No worries here guys, was working/flying/at the giants game all day friday. Ill be completely offline next monday to weds, so youll be skipping me a lot, i'll get caught up this weekend though, hopefully this afternoon
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I thought you guys would have lapped me twice, was pretty pleased to see that was not the case. I'll confess, Fables is my favorite REM album
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• FB, if you want to send me a list I'll be happy to make picks for you. I won't read ahead or anything. I'll be around all week because the wife is out of town on business so I'm homebound with the little one.

Comment

• I was so close to taking 'Finest Worksong' this round and based on the crickets after my last pick, I probably chose unwisely.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I expected Finest Worksong to go earlier. Nice grab.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Finest Worksong

The time to rise has been engaged

You're better best to rearrange
                                I'm talking here to me alone
                                I listen to the finest worksong
                                Your finest hour
                                Your finest hour

Another chance has been engaged
                                To throw Thoreau and rearrange
                                You are following this time
                                I beg you not beg to rhyme (blow your horn)
                                Your finest hour (blow your horn)
                                Your finest hour

Take your instinct by the reins
                                Your better best to rearrange
                                What we want and what we need
                                Has been confused, been confused (blow your horn)
                                Your finest hour

Take your instinct by the reins
                                Better best to rearrange
                                What we want and what we need
                                Has been confused, been confused (blow your horn)
                                Your finest hour (blow your song)
                                Your finest hour (blow your song)
                                Your finest hour

Comment

Working...
                                X