Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How emplowering would it be if there were no longer segregated proms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How emplowering would it be if there were no longer segregated proms?

Yes, this shit still happens...

A group of high school students in Wilcox County High School, GA., are taking a stand against their school's practice of holding racially-segregated proms by organizing the first-ever integrated prom in the school's history.

Stephanie Sinnot, Mareshia Rucker, Quanesha Wallace, and Keela Bloodworth are lifelong friends, who say they do everything together. Stephanie and Keela are white; Mareshia and Quanesha are black, which means that they would not have been able to attend prom together, they told WSAV

"We are all friends," Stephanie told WSAV. "That's just kind of not right that we can't go to prom together."

The school holds separate proms for white and non-white students. Homecoming is also normally segregated, with separate courts for each race.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

I saw that and was shocked that that sort of thing still happens in this day and age. You'd think it was 1950. Good for the girls for taking a stand.

Comment

Only in the south....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        Only in the south....
        sometimes I wish the Union had lost the war.

Comment

Alot of emplowering goes on after proms.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Alot of emplowering goes on after proms.
            most of my onion surveys are aimed at emplowering empoyees...

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              Only in the south....
              OK, I've lived in the south my entire life and that statement is not accura...I mean, it's somewhat exaggera...OK, you got me.
              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
              X