Strange email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange email

I just got this email to the hotmail account that I rarely use but is listed on my RJ profile...or was.

Who is the CEO here?

Dear Manager,

(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this to your CEO,Thanks)

This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration and dispute internationally in China and Asia.
    We received an application from XiongFa Ltd on April 2, 2013. They want to register " forumtojunkiefix " as their Internet Keyword and China/Asia/Hongkong (CN/ASIA/HK) domain names. But after checking it, we found this brand name is already used by your company. According to the domain name registration principle, your company is the owner of the trademark, in order to avoid this conflict, we have a responsibility to keep these names security for your company in our audit period, so we send you email and confirm whether you want to object the third party application these domain names and Internet Keyword in China, Asia, Hong Kong or not?

Best Regards,

Jim
    General Manager
    Shanghai Office (Head Office)
    3002, Nanhai Building, No. 854 Nandan Road,
    Xuhui District, Shanghai 200070, China
    Tel: +86 216191 8696
    Mobile: +86 1870199 4951
    Fax: +86 216191 8697

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I would call him back. If he needs $500 to process the paperwork but will later refund the money + $1,000,000 you can believe him.

Comment

Bit of creative spamming. I'm not sure what we'd do if an Asian conglomerate took control of the "forumtojunkiefix" url and went to war with us.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Bit of creative spamming. I'm not sure what we'd do if an Asian conglomerate took control of the "forumtojunkiefix" url and went to war with us.
        Punch them in the arm, as we have all given up our guns?

Comment

This is a common phishing scam. They're hoping someone will panic and start buying up related domains like rotojunkiefix.cn and rotojunkiefix.hk. Even in the U.S., there are scammers who try to scare .com owners into also purchasing .net and .us domains.

Comment

Tell them that your CEO would love to meet with them, but needs a cashier's check for $500 to show good faith from their side
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X