Japan: Massive Tsunami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Just amazing video footage. So terribly sad and overwhelming.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">
    Iseenothing

Comment

not working

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Radiation levels found in tap water in Tokyo that exceed the legal limits for infants.
        Is radiation something that can be boiled out of tap water like other contaminants, or is bottled water the only viable alternative?

Comment

boiling does nothing to radiation in water.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I don't know why, but for some reason this Wikipedia entry specifically just crushes me.

When it existed, two weeks ago, it had nine elementary schools. It looks like this now:
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I'd weigh in here and say that one huge, huge difference between this nuclear incident and Chernobyl is that we know about this one. We're not waiting for guys in Norway to radio in and say "guys, we've just detected a massive leap in radiation here... WTF?"

Comment

Sometimes we should listen to Tinfoil Hat Bhob.

Japanese officials and international experts have said they believe there's been a partial meltdown at three of the plant's six reactors, and Edano reported Monday that the No. 2 reactor's containment vessel may be leaking.

Workers at Japan's crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant faced a difficult balancing act Tuesday as they struggled to keep reactors cool and prevent radioactive water from leaking into the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                X