Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great Condiment thread of 2013.

Anything condiment related.

Today's hot topic; little packs, nuisance or necessity?

I noticed in our pantry a zip lock bag full of Chinese hot mustard, Sweet sauce, and Soy Sauce. The weekend Chinese food is long gone. The next time we get Chinese we will also get a bag of condiments. The reality is that I do not see us ever using the ones in the pantry. I do not like waste. So they will sit there until they get old, and then we will toss them. It seems like these are the only ones we save. Mustard and Catsup always get tossed.

I hate the Catsup packs ans will go without rather than using them.

We toss everything except ketchup (for kid emergencies) and the chinese hot mustard/hot oil ones for when we make pot stickers or dumplings ourselves
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Necessity sadly. I wouldn't trust restaurants to bring it on request or to fill up a little container to avoid the packs.

Somewhat on topic, I love how some places have started giving Ketchup in the little containers similar to other dipping sauces.

Comment

The only ones we keep are the soy sauce packets. They're perfect for lunches with leftovers.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Soy sauce is always kept...don't know why, but it seems handy. The only other condiment packets I keep are Horsey Sauce and Arby Sauce from Arby's. Sometimes having a little horseradish sauce around is nice for some kick on a sandwich. I'm the only one who uses it in the house so a bottle gets thrown out.

I pass on the ketchup packets as well...not enough and a horrible mess.

Also, I hate that you have to ask for sauerkraut from the concession stand when you're at a ballgame...it's the only time I have it, and I usually forget to ask.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Sirachi rules. Cleveland Stadium mustard. Red Hot, Tabasco. Keepers - Arby's Horsey, BK Onion Ring sauce, Wendy's Chili sauce.

Yellow mustard is an abomination.

Comment

I keep ketchup packets, because I never buy ketchup in bottles, because I rarely use it. Every now and then, I have a guest that needs ketchup for something.

I often keep other packets because they are handy for small picnics.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Magnums, XL for me.

I see you like some Digital Underground circa 1990.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Magnums, XL for me.
                  That'll hold a lot of ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                    That'll hold a lot of ketchup.
                    And likely still have plenty of room for Eld's penis!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      And likely still have plenty of room for Eld's penis!
                      I wouldn't know anything about that.

:face:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X