Quiting the Smokes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiting the Smokes......

Well its been just over 3 weeks since I have smoked a cigarette..... I still have the occassional itch to have one. That said, its probably the longest Ive gone without one over the last 4 years or so.

Every day its a matter of choosing not too.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

right on. smoking sucks. stick with it.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Well its been just over 3 weeks since I have smoked a cigarette..... I still have the occassional itch to have one. That said, its probably the longest Ive gone without one over the last 4 years or so.

Every day its a matter of choosing not too.
      Adding cardio makes it easier to stay away.

Comment

What a great thing to do for yourself and your loved ones. I wish my Mom had stayed away from cigarettes. It's a tough habit/addiction to break - good luck!
        Last edited by senorsheep; 02-28-2013, 02:43 PM.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Brother-in-law uses e-cigarettes. He's very happy with it.

Comment

We have an e-cig at home and I have used it once since I stopped. It was a very stressful day that day..
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

NaSty hobbit

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                Well its been just over 3 weeks since I have smoked a cigarette..... I still have the occasional itch to have one. That said, its probably the longest Ive gone without one over the last 4 years or so. Every day its a matter of choosing not too.
                Good for you Griff - Once you are committed, You just have to keep telling yourself You Don't Do This Anymore.

I began smoking two years into an Ten year Marine/Army career - quit cold turkey six months after I reentered civilian life.
                It was difficult for the first six months before I adapted mentally and decided I really WANT to do this....haven't looked back

Do this for yourself......Good luck with this Griff ------ You Can Do This if you want to.

Comment

Working...
                X