Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Special

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...061D384461.jpg

One of the local hole in the wall bars is offering the above special today.....
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

They still make that stuff?

Comment

I just picked up some roses and the cashier dude says to me "I bet this is going to make your wife very happy." I said, "Oh yeah, I probably should get some for her too." LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I just picked up some roses and the cashier dude says to me "I bet this is going to make your wife very happy." I said, "Oh yeah, I probably should get some for her too." LOL.
        Nice ... Valentines Day used to cost me a small fortune. 2 years running ... zero. Sweet ... and also not sweet.

Comment

I've lowered the bar so much that I got away with giving my wife a sweatshirt as a gift today.

Comment

on a more hopeful note ... hope y'all are doing something nice for your better halves tonite!!!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              babysitter again?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Interesting story about that place -

They actually became an episode on Bar Rescue - I think the 100th episode. I think the new restaurant is called Boulder Lodge or some such and the softball fields associated to the bar are also still there - though I think there is a different arrangement.

We found out that when they do the make-over for the bar the one thing that is never touched is the bathrooms. Which at that place were on of the things needing the most improvement.

Anyway - I hope you all have a good VDay.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

My girl thinks Hallmark holidays are as stupid as I do. We celebrate by going to the grocery store the next day and snapping up the half-price chocolate. She's the best!
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Dinner and a movie (Lion) last night.

The fireworks happened this morning.

My wife mistakenly threw her two diamond rings out with a cup of cleaning solution in the kitchen sink and started the garbage disposal this morning.

20170215_155712.jpg

20170215_155628.jpg

She came to me ashen faced. I thought something had happened to one of our kids or her brothers. The tears started immediately.

I reassured her and spoke of the positive .... my worst fears were not realized.

She lost four small diamonds out of her wedding ring, however, the main diamonds in both (both over 1 kt) were not damaged. The white gold bands had no cracks. Our jeweler will be able to fix the bands within a couple of days for less than $500. He told me to go buy her lottery tickets because the blades of the disposal did not damage the top of either ring.
                    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

that's a great valentines day story ... next years' valentines day you should give her a sink strainer.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        that's a great valentines day story ... next years' valentines day you should give her a sink strainer.
                        If only .....

She likes old things (or things that look old). We have one of those huge, porcelain farmhouse sinks with only one bowl - not even a sink stopper (she puts a small plastic tub in the sink that we wash dishes in).

We actually got the rings back yesterday. He did a great job. Of course four hours of labor and the replacement of four diamonds didn't exactly come cheap. I'll need to win a fantasy league or two this year.
                        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                        X