random monday thoughts 2-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random monday thoughts 2-13

1) that golfer bit by a black widow and she kept playing the round. so i wiki the spider, it's sexual cannibalism.
    In the orb-web spider Argiope bruennichi, the female tries to grab and wrap up the male at the onset of mating so she can snack on him during sex. In the lab, only about 30 percent of the males survive their first mating, but by letting the female gnaw on them, the males prolong the sex act, making it more likely they will inseminate their partner.
    so afterwards, these 30 male spiders walk around pulling back the collars on their shirts back it's eve saying oh yeah, we did it. check out the chunk she took out of my shoulder.

2) what movies scenes make you go awe? i think the plane crash scene in the movie Knowing is pretty wicked. it a slow movie but then wham that scene comes out of no-where. but the real threat isn't violence in movies, it's violence in video games. someday parents will be begging kids to go out and see a movie instead of playing call of duty.

3) Newton says, everything continues in the same state of rest or uniform motion unless acted on by an external force.

that's an ironic statement. it's even true on a quantum level since dual wave theory is influenced by an observer, since waves become particles once observed by an external force... im not sure anyone has ever counted observing as an external force. which makes einstein even more confusing with his am i at rest or are you. which is time. there's another example. time exists in our universe but temporarily. which mean somewhere and someplace, time really doesn't exist and things there don't exist at all or they exist forever.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    2) what movies scenes make you go awe?
    The car crash scene in Death Proof (Tarantino's part of Grindhouse.)
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

oops i just realized it's wednesday. lol. it feels like a monday tho.
      Originally posted by Erik View Post
      The car crash scene in Death Proof (Tarantino's part of Grindhouse.)
      i'll have to check it out. haven't seen it.

Comment

2) what movies scenes make you go awe?
        The scene in Juno when she puts orange tic tacs in Paulie Bleeker's mailbox to demonstrate her love for him. Makes me go awwwweeeee every time.

Comment

Spiders

Comment

2) what movies scenes make you go awe? i think the plane crash scene in the movie Knowing is pretty wicked. it a slow movie but then wham that scene comes out of no-where. but the real threat isn't violence in movies, it's violence in video games. someday parents will be begging kids to go out and see a movie instead of playing call of duty.
            I get goosebumps everytime I see the X-wings drop into the Death Star trench the first time......yea, I know, I'm a geek....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X