No announcement yet.

Most Disappointing movies of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Disappointing movies of all time?

This is to get a list of all of the movies we went into hoping to be entertained, but came out of disappointed, depressed, or just plain angry.

I will start with Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

This was so bad that it tainted the others. I came out of this one as angry as I have ever been walking out of a movie. I am not sure how this even got released.

way to potroast the thread gregg.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      way to potroast the thread gregg.
      Clean up on keyboard 3.

nicely played.

Comment

Ishtar.

Comment

Phantom Menace

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
            Phantom Menace
            and now we have the thread completely covered.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Ishtar.
              Were you expecting big things from this movie?

It was already out and failed by the time I even heard of it. Of course that may have been during a part of my life were movies were less important.

Comment

I'll add in Jurassic Park. I know it was pretty popular and seen as a decent movie, but when I read the book it was dark and scary and I could just imagine the dark tense movie that would come from it. Instead I got a disney movie where a dinosaur sneezes snot all over a little kid and everyone laughs.

The Hobbit was very disappointing as well.

Comment

Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions
                  Hangover Part II
                  Major League II
                  Crash
                  Signs
                  Hostel
                  Bruno
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The Godfather.......

I keed ..... I keed!!
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Ghostbusters II
                      Catwomen
                      Jersey Gir
                      Alien 3
                      l

Comment

Couldn't pick one, there are too many - Phantom Menace and Indy 2 are good calls. Indy 4 sucked also, as did Spiderman 3.

There were three really disappointing movies for me this year (all super hyped with killer reviews ... all huge let downs for me):

Hunger Games - this disappointed me most, I really expected to like it based on the rave reviews
                        Dark Knight Rises - this flat our stank the theater out ... awful, awful movie
                        The Hobbit - stupid kids movie ... I had a bad feeling about this

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          and now we have the thread completely covered.
                          I really enjoyed the Phantom Menace. and Indy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Maybe it was my fault for actually thinking it was going to be good, but Pearl Harbor was so bad I almost walked out of the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I really enjoyed the Phantom Menace. and Indy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.
                              The Contrarian Librarian strikes again! If you don't have a plaque on your desk with this inscription, it's long overdue to get one.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X