No announcement yet.

A request of good thoughts for Bats and the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, I am sorry to read this. Alzheimer's is one of the cruelest diseases, because it kills the person before the body. I can only wish that you can have some peace after the ordeal.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I've been through almost this same situations with several deaths in a row. It is just draining -- like going 10 rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime. All you can do is hang on and fight your way through it.

Keeping you in my thoughts.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

NR, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Bats and the family.

Comment

My thoughts are with you. Dementia has been common on my father's side of the family, and it's tough to see a loved one decline like that.

Comment

Thank you all for the words. I agree wtih you Judge. There will be relief. Sheila and I are of that mindset. We want her to no longer suffer and be at peace. We have both worked at nursing homes in our lives and know what it's like to live for years and years in that state. It was harder to see mom go through that process than it will be to see her leave. It's just overwhelming to go through so much in the last few years (yes Wonderboy... good analogy of going 10 rounds with Tyson). Now the kids, that's another story. To be 7 or 8 (or even 13 and 15 like our oldest 2) and already dealing with 5 close deaths. gack... needless to say they are pretty tired of it.

Thanks again all. Now, we're sitting back waiting for the call. Which is draining in and of itself.
            -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

My prayers are with you and yours during this most difficult time.

Comment

Hang in there, dude. Things will get better.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

You and your family will be in my prayers.
                  Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                  Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                  X