So Bad it's Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Bad it's Good

Check out this bizarre car crash of an article/interview with Megan Fox ... so bad it's almost brilliant. Starts with a hilariously bad Aztec metaphor, then turns into this weird stalkeresque sycophancy about bombshells or something, then some always welcome rich celebrity-self-hate, then speaking in tongues, then aliens and the Loch Ness Monster.

My first thought was PapaD has found a new career

Rather than letting her sex appeal burn her out, she is trying to contain it, channel it, make it work for her, not others. To see if that's possible.

The symmetry of her face, up close, is genuinely shocking. The lip on the left curves exactly the same way as the lip on the right. The eyes match exactly. The brow is in perfect balance, like a problem of logic, like a visual labyrinth. It's not really even that beautiful. It's closer to the sublime, a force of nature, the patterns of waves crisscrossing a lake, snow avalanching down the side of a mountain, an elaborately camouflaged butterfly. What she is is flawless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her.

Megan Fox is a bombshell. To be a bombshell in 2013 is to be an antiquity, an old-world relic, like movie palaces or fountain pens or the muscle cars of the 1970s or the pinball machines in the basement. Bombshells once used to roam the cultural landscape like buffalo, and like buffalo they were edging toward extinction.

Aside from the religious stuff, she seemed pretty grounded and realistic about avoiding becoming another celebrity casualty.

Disengaging from the type of TMZ garbage that fuels most celebrities' careers is encouraging at the very least.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

wait, whut?!

"The room, which has the feel of a finished basement, is packed with pinball machines and Lord of the Rings and Star Wars memorabilia. Darth Vader stares down from a poster on the wall. A life-sized model of R2-D2 keeps watch in the corner."

blue steel, cat couldn't scratch it...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I'm shooting first!
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

She sounds a little nutty in that interview for sure. On the other hand, crazy in the head, crazy in bed.
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
          X