Dry Ink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Ink

Our company is involved in purchasing another company. I asked my Manager when this is going to be finalized. His response was we will have dry ink by the end of the month.

I have never heard this expression before. I like stuff like this. Just wondering if any of you have come across it or if you use it?

I've heard that quite a bit from people who do lots of financial deals, talking about when the ink will be dry. I don't personally use it.

Comment

I feel like it's safe to say the ink is dry on Gregg's post by now.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I've heard that quite a bit from people who do lots of financial deals, talking about when the ink will be dry. I don't personally use it.
        I'd highly recommend that you do. It is life changing
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There is no dry. Ink or ink not.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I'd highly recommend that you do. It is life changing
            You seem unsure... is this something you are still thinking about or is the ink dry on this recommendation?

Comment

You seem unsure... is this something you are still thinking about or is the ink dry on this recommendation?
              The ink is half dry. That is good enough for VD and most everything else
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The ink is half dry. That is good enough for VD and most everything else
                I generally agree, but am not committed to this philosophy.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I hope to start using it when it makes sense.

I first heard the term Tribal knowledge regarding manufacturing processes.These are "tricks" that are known by long term employees to make things work and not written anywhere I first heard it on a plant tour about 11 years ago. I thought it fit perfectly and have been using it ever since. Frequency has went up since covid. Our company lost a lot of Tribal Knowledge during covid and the year after.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I hope to start using it when it makes sense.

I first heard the term Tribal knowledge regarding manufacturing processes.These are "tricks" that are known by long term employees to make things work and not written anywhere I first heard it on a plant tour about 11 years ago. I thought it fit perfectly and have been using it ever since. Frequency has went up since covid. Our company lost a lot of Tribal Knowledge during covid and the year after.
                    I've always heard it as "institutional knowledge" just knowing how things work or who to go to to get shit done.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I've always heard it as "institutional knowledge" just knowing how things work or who to go to to get shit done.
                      That could change - write it in wet ink.

Comment

That could change - write it in wet ink.
                        I have to say I found good humor in this one. Well played.

Comment

I think u are confused. This is about ink, not ice cream
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And now I have added bad humor
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And now I have added bad humor
                              That kind of joke may play well in Binghamton, but you need to do better around these parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X