No announcement yet.

AI technology is quickly getting out of hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked Gemini and it got it right. But I'm sure there are other blindspots one can find with current LLMs. Still, they can do an awful lot already, and are being improved at a rapid rate....mostly by training on data that the companies have questionable legal rights to.

Comment

Here's another video pointing out the limitations of the usefulness of current AI. It is regarding AI-generated computer coding, which is considered one of the things that many people think AI genuinely is good for:

Basically what this video indicates is that while AI does generate code faster than junior-level programmers its code is less secure has more bugs that must be fixed later. A good quote is at 3:46: "The current models are useful for getting novices up to speed, and that's good. But beyond that they're mostly providing advanced templates that have to be adjusted, frequently so much that skilled coders are better off just doing it themselves. It's not the game-changer it's been made out to be." The video creator also seems to say that she used an AI-powered website-design platform and included in the results were a book that doesnt exist featuring nonsense words that also dont exist and fake customer reviews. Welcome to the world of AI!

Comment

Before you watch the video, this is either AI-generated or generated by some other artificial means:

Yet it kinda looks real, doesnt it? As some in the comments said, if owls really did get this big, humans would be among its prey. Also, I think the sounds the bird makes would be much deeper than those in the video. Also, the lady in the video, who appears to be pretty small, would not be able to hold the bird w/o massive external assistance (the bird looks almost as big as she is!). Also, the "language" she is speaking sounds like nonsense words (you know, the kind that AI generates), altho I wouldnt bet my life on it. Yet some in the comments claim that the bird is not AI but real (?!). Just for fun, I looked up what is the biggest owl currently alive. My brief query/search said that it is the Blakiston Fish Owl, which can reach up to 28 inches high and weigh up to 9-10 pounds. The bird in the video, evidently a Snowy Owl, looks at least 4 feet high and looks like it could weigh around 70 pounds, altho w all the feathers and hollow bones it's hard to tell. At any rate, much heavier than 9-10 pounds and much taller than 28 inches. This apparently is part of our new reality. You'll have to scrutinize, evaluate and fact check every amazing-looking video. And you cant trust the fact-checking sites either so you'll have to do it yourself.

Comment

One time I was driving home by myself late at night on a dark secluded stretch of a two-lane highway and saw a figure standing off to the side. It had to be over two feet tall. My first thought was that it was a small child because I thought no animal that stands on two legs is that tall. At least not around here. I slowed down. And as I got closer I could see what I thought was hair on the back of it's head. Suddenly, that head slowly rotated 180 degrees toward the road and two glowing yellow eyes were looking at me. Except for the head, it never moved. I swear my heart stopped for a second or two.

Pretty sure it was a Great Horned Owl which are common in PA and are reported to grow as tall as 25 inches which I didn't know before I saw that one.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            One time I was driving home by myself late at night on a dark secluded stretch of a two-lane highway and saw a figure standing off to the side. It had to be over two feet tall. My first thought was that it was a small child because I thought no animal that stands on two legs is that tall. At least not around here. I slowed down. And as I got closer I could see what I thought was hair on the back of it's head. Suddenly, that head slowly rotated 180 degrees toward the road and two glowing yellow eyes were looking at me. Except for the head, it never moved. I swear my heart stopped for a second or two.

Pretty sure it was a Great Horned Owl which are common in PA and are reported to grow as tall as 25 inches which I didn't know before I saw that one.
            Who was it

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Who was it
              I didn't stop to get it's name.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

I didn't stop to get it's name.
                Did it happen to say "Owl be seeing you later"?

Comment

Working...
                X