Recommendations: Great Apps & Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations: Great Apps & Podcasts

I recently picked up an iPad Mini and I absolutely love it. I'm no stranger to iDevices and had a 1st gen iPad for a while before my son decided it was his. I find myself using the mini a lot more. The size just works for me.

So far I've found that it's an amazing comic reader, but I'm looking for some other suggestions of games, apps, podcast etc so I can load it up for a family trip to Disneyworld this weekend.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    I recently picked up an iPad Mini and I absolutely love it. I'm no stranger to iDevices and had a 1st gen iPad for a while before my son decided it was his. I find myself using the mini a lot more. The size just works for me.

So far I've found that it's an amazing comic reader, but I'm looking for some other suggestions of games, apps, podcast etc so I can load it up for a family trip to Disneyworld this weekend.

Any suggestions?
    What comic sites do you use?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Currently I'm using Comic Flow to view comics. I don't download anything that I haven't purchased in some format in the past, so I'm currently catching up on the Death of the Family Arc in the in New 52 series from DC. I have all of the books so I was able to justify that.

Beyond that I have Comixology & and the DC app loaded on my phone for older books if I switch over from my weekly Wednesday trips to the comic store to full Digital.

Comment

I think Viber is available for Apple (edit: ya) ... this is such a simple and effective app ... it provides the same service as Skype, but uses your phone book and numbers as the contacts ... so you never have to login or input independent details. Every number in you phone book is regarded as a separate "contact". If one of your contacts also uses Viber, you can make free calls, texts, video chat etc.

Great for me to keep in touch with International friends without costing a penny. I'm not a fan of Skype.

A web-paranoid Greek friend recommended it to me, so I'm assuming the user data is secure.

Comment

my favorite app -- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bill...422611696?mt=8

Comment

comicgeekspeak is an excellent podcast. Look thru their archives for some of the older interviews. Gene Colen, Stan Lee, etc.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
            X