PA Legislators = CROOKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Legislators = CROOKS!

PA legislators do not need to provide any receipts for their expenses. Unbelievable!!

Who else gets away with this? Bullshit.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

NJ gets a lot of sh!t about its politicians being crooked (which most of them are), but PA is just as bad.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I only have to provide receipts for things $75 or higher

Comment

and my travel costs exceed in one year what these guys are doing in two years. In fact, my travel costs in 2012 nearly exceeded my salary.

Comment

Per diem is set up so that you don't have to track expenses. It reduces paperwork and auditing expenses since 1 day in Philly is $150 instead of $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $50 for dinner, $100 for hotel (or whatever the numbers are). Using per diem often results in extra money to the employee as they will cut expenses to pocket the remainder. The way some of those guys were quoted it seems that what they are doing. While the fed rates seem to be a good starting point I could see a state saying they will pay 75% or 50% of the rate unless you have receipts for actual expenses but not to exceed the fed rate in any case.

When I lived in AR the legislature would only pay mileage to/from Little Rock if you drove more than 25 miles each way. One guy lived 20 miles from Little Rock but would drive a route that put him more than 25 miles so that he got mileage paid. There must be some wording in the oath for all politicians that ethics and common sense must be disregarded.

Comment

I bet those rascals don't even pay overdue fines for their library books

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
              I bet those rascals don't even pay overdue fines for their library books
              Based on the library funding from the State, I doubt most of them even know what a library is
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Watchdogs also say per diems don't need reform. They need to be scrapped altogether in exchange for receipt reimbursement.

"We could save millions and millions of dollars every year if they would just document legitimate expenses and get reimbursed rather than taking per diems," said Tim Potts of Democracy Rising Pa.

Comment

Working...
                X