Vending Machine Bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vending Machine Bonus

Just went downstairs to garb a Diet Coke from the vending machine. Inserted my money, pressed the button and not one, but two Diet Cokes drop down. Bonus!

It's the little victories in life!
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

crazy how a little thing can make your whole day brighter.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Too bad it wasnt a snickers bar.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        Just went downstairs to garb a Diet Coke from the vending machine. Inserted my money, pressed the button and not one, but two Diet Cokes drop down. Bonus!

This reminds me of the times when I go to purchase a newspaper (remember those?). I always try the door first. On those occassions when the door opens without any money inserted, my day is made!

Comment

I'm waiting for steve to come along & ask why you wanted to dress up a can of soda ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
            This reminds me of the times when I go to purchase a newspaper (remember those?). I always try the door first. On those occassions when the door opens without any money inserted, my day is made!
            That means that a bum just peed in it. I would probably avoid that particular newspaper.

Comment

what would jesus say about taking something you didn't pay for?

~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Why would you want to dress a can of soda?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Why would you want to dress a can of soda?
                  heh, that's funny!
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                    This reminds me of the times when I go to purchase a newspaper (remember those?). I always try the door first. On those occasions when the door opens without any money inserted, my day is made!
                    and people wonder why I can't get a raise!
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Reminds me of a funny story at a place I worked as a student. There was a vending machine in the canteen that had a row that always vended two items at once. Me and an Aussie friend were the only two people who realized this, so we emptied that row every day ... usually Picnic Bars (I got sick of them after a while). Anyway, the vending company eventually realized that they were losing money from the machine, and complained that people must be stealing from it ... I call that opportunism not stealing So a notice went up on the machine warning people about this. That alerted two morons from the warehouse that there was free stuff to be had ... they figured out that if you put your arm under the flap that you could reach the entire bottom section ... so they emptied all the bottom rows. They did this 2 consecutive days , on the 3rd they got caught and fired.

The machine kept vending 2 for 1 on that one row
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Reminds me of a funny story at a place I worked as a student. There was a vending machine in the canteen that had a row that always vended two items at once. Me and an Aussie friend were the only two people who realized this, so we emptied that row every day ... usually Picnic Bars (I got sick of them after a while). Anyway, the vending company eventually realized that they were losing money from the machine, and complained that people must be stealing from it ... I call that opportunism not stealing So a notice went up on the machine warning people about this. That alerted two morons from the warehouse that there was free stuff to be had ... they figured out that if you put your arm under the flap that you could reach the entire bottom section ... so they emptied all the bottom rows. They did this 2 consecutive days , on the 3rd they got caught and fired.

The machine kept vending 2 for 1 on that one row
                        When I was 19 I cooked at a restaurant that had a cigarette vending machine in the front lobby. If you roll those things forward onto their top, all the change is deposited into the delivery slot. Every so often me and a friend would stay until about 4am doing inventory, roll the machine, drive to a truck stop to spend about $10 on this baseball arcade game and have breakfast. Eventually they removed the machine, which we felt was a victory, even though the gravy train was done.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

i once got 3 cokes for the price of one. i noticed as i walked away i was hugging them instead of carrying them. lol. it was very unexpected. it's not stealing tho because 1) a lot of sodas reach expiration and get thrown out. 2) vending machines do rip you off sometimes when candy gets stuck. so it evens out.

but this does reminds me of when i used to buy newspapers, i had a habit of not closing it all the way for the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            i once got 3 cokes for the price of one. i noticed as i walked away i was hugging them instead of carrying them. lol. it was very unexpected. it's not stealing tho because 1) a lot of sodas reach expiration and get thrown out. 2) vending machines do rip you off sometimes when candy gets stuck. so it evens out.

but this does reminds me of when i used to buy newspapers, i had a habit of not closing it all the way for the next guy.
                            so you're the real reason why newspapers have to charge for web access now ...

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              so you're the real reason why newspapers have to charge for web access now ...
                              i only started doing it after a delivery guy complained i was in his parking spot even tho i was only going to a bank atm for 2 seconds and he was planning on going to sleep.

afterward, i remember thinking as i closed used to close the newspaper machines softly, this isn't going to work. i mean, everyone puts their .50 in first before pulling it open. i suppose it's good to know some ppl didn't. i blame the ppl that made the newspaper vending machines.

honestly tho, i blame the wall street journal. if you can't get an impartial opinion from the wsj these days, newspapers don't deserve to be in business.

Comment

Working...
                              X