Thinking a year ahead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking a year ahead.

Judith and I met on New Year's Eve. Next yerar will be #25. What can I do to comemorate the event, other than the obvious dinner with a nice bottle of wine?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
    Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
    Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
    Jamaica

Comment

Did you meet at a party or a restaurant or something?

You could plan to make arrangements to try and recreate it as best as possible and also create some sort of "highlights" of the last 25 years that you could have presented while you are back where you first met.

Comment

a nice intimate dinner where you can introduce her to a few of your key RJ friends seems like something she'd probably enjoy; maybe you could fly in nullnor, Fresno Bob, ... and BobK of course.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Let her use the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            a nice intimate dinner where you can introduce her to a few of your key RJ friends seems like something she'd probably enjoy; maybe you could fly in nullnor, Fresno Bob, ... and BobK of course.
            BK would be good. Judith was raised Catholic.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              BK would be good. Judith was raised Catholic.

J
              yeah, so was I ... it doesn't always stick though ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Congrats on #24.

The fact that you're thinking about #25 now means you'll come up with something good and make the occasion memorable. My suggestion would be to think about what your wife likes. If you feel she'd enjoy a trip down memory lane, do it. If you feel she'd much rather take a trip, book it. If she'd be happier with you making her favorite dinner, hire a violinist to serenade her.

There's no singular right way to do it. If it's from the heart, it will come out fine.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                  Congrats on #24.

The fact that you're thinking about #25 now means you'll come up with something good and make the occasion memorable. My suggestion would be to think about what your wife likes. If you feel she'd enjoy a trip down memory lane, do it. If you feel she'd much rather take a trip, book it. If she'd be happier with you making her favorite dinner, hire a violinist to serenade her.

There's no singular right way to do it. If it's from the heart, it will come out fine.
                  Excellent advice!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    yeah, so was I ... it doesn't always stick though ...
                    Me too, but then the Jesuits helped cure me
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I can guarantee Hammer's famous pot roast dinner will not be one of the options......
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Please note that his is NOT the wedding anniversary, which is around Memorial Day. This is the anniversary of the day we met.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Please note that his is NOT the wedding anniversary, which is around Memorial Day. This is the anniversary of the day we met.

J
                          Oh...then nothing.

And turn in your man card, you make us all look bad.

Comment

well, you have the advantage of surprise here, because she'd more expect the 25th anniversary itself to be your "big play."

that sets the bar a bit lower, which is good for you. The rest of us schlubs didn't even think of this (I just missed my 15th anniversary of when I met my wife, for instance).

if the place of meeting was at a restaurant or other public place, I'd try and get them involved in working with you. Of course, the woman who then aids your plan will offer a cold shoulder to her less romantic husband, but hey, it's dog-eat-dog and collateral damage is inevitable.

I'd also come up with a music soundtrack of hits from that month/year, focusing on a particular song she might remember from the moment.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I have no idea what the date was the first time I met the woman who was to be my future wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X