No announcement yet.

2013 dead pool draft signup and discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was discussing this draft with people at work and someone suggested Abe. I said I thought he was dead and my co-worker said nope he is alive but often thought of as dead.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Years ago, a false rumor circulated that he had died. This was before the internet so it wasn't easy for people to check that it was false. So a lot of people believed it for a long time. Abe actually believes that it contributed to a downturn in his career.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Netboy has timed out. SeaDogStat is up.

Comment

sorry guys, out of pocket with work, I'll make my picks now
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Pretty amazing that Sheen lasted this long. He was once the first overall pick in this thing.

Since he has a new series that's not run by Chuck Lorre, I suppose he has more incentives for good behavior than he used to.

Comment

Where did this year's sixth round picks go last year?

Queen Elizabeth II -- 4th round
              Bernie Nolan -- undrafted
              Louis Farrakhan -- 5th round
              Mohamed Morsi -- undrafted
              Jan-Michael Vincent -- 4th round
              Stephen Hawking -- 2nd round
              Nancy Reagan -- 8th round
              Harper Lee -- 3rd round
              Bob Dole -- undrafted
              Jerry Lewis -- 2nd round
              Bobby Womack -- undrafted
              Jim Calhoun -- undrafted

Comment

Where did this year's seventh round picks go last year?

Merle Haggard -- undrafted
                Michael Winner -- undrafted
                Nick Nolte -- 5th round
                Fats Domino -- 8th round
                Scott Hamilton -- 6th round
                David Crosby -- undrafted
                Abe Vigoda -- 6th round
                Hugh Hefner -- undrafted
                Mr. T -- 3rd round
                Glen Campbell -- 8th round
                George Michael -- 3rd round
                Mick Jagger -- undrafted

Comment

B-Fly has timed out. ElDiablo is up.

Comment

Peter O'Toole was already taken.

Comment

where are we in terms of picks?
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Peter O'Toole was already taken.
                        Replaced with Stan Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          where are we in terms of picks?
                          DQ is up. Everyone is through the 9th round except DQ. Then we have the 10th round, then we're done.

Comment

I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours, so please take it upon yourselves to keep this moving.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              I guess if we're letting Hacko pick a fucking former CFL football player then anyone goes....

Somehow I always forget how stupid this thing gets. Inevitably I'm reminded annually.
                              My Pick Played in And had the first tackle in A super bowl (which they won)

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                I guess if we're letting Hacko pick a fucking former CFL football player then anyone goes....

Somehow I always forget how stupid this thing gets. Inevitably I'm reminded annually.
                                Eld made it to round 10 before his annual dead pool pick complaint? Having a kid has really mellowed him out!

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X