Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it's early and JJ always starts the weight loss thread, but let's talk about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's early and JJ always starts the weight loss thread, but let's talk about

what makes a good breakfast and a good lunch if we are planning on losing weight. I like to focus on these two meals as they are the ones I normally make for myself.

Here's a typical breakfast for me:
    a banana
    a small can of tomato juice
    a piece of whole grain or whole wheat toast with peanut butter.

Other items I sometimes mix in: Canadian bacon, Quaker High Fiber Cinnamon Swirl Oatmeal, a container of Yoplait thick and creamy yogurt.a bowl of Shredded Wheat

For lunch during the week, I like to take:
    an apple
    some carrots with ranch dressing (which I know has to go, but I need something to dip the carrots in)
    One of those mix your own tuna salad packages (this is going to have to go as well, due to what's in the mix).

I'm hoping to get my wife to start making tuna salad at home on the weekend for me to use for lunc during the week).

I also am going to have to cut WAY back on the sweets - I don't think I can go cold turkey, but am going to shoot for a small piece of dark chocolate at the end of each day.
    I also eat lunch out one day each week. My plan here is to cut back to just my burger or chicken sandwich (I like to go to Wendy's) and forgo the fries.

My drinks consist of mostly water, (tomato juice at breakfast), chocolate milk on occasion, and the odd glass of wine or mixed drink.

Its not the food that is an issue....

I LOVE Coke. Coke zero is close, but I love a Coke with my meals.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Its not the food that is an issue....

I LOVE Coke. Coke zero is close, but I love a Coke with my meals.
      Coke and Sunkist were my biggest weaknesses. Starting in 2011, I gave up all soda: no diet, no regular. I think I have had about 8 sodas in the last 2 years. I dropped about 10 pounds in the first three weeks. It was incredible.

As far as a healthy breakfast, I recommend otter. As much otter as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X