Drinking and Driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    While i tend to lean towards you and ElD on this issue, what if your wife and child were killed by a drunk driver who, if it were a law and in place, wouldn't have been able to start his car because the machine he blew into wouldn't let him drive?
    Then I hope he gets the chair...which is the penalty I feel is the only appropriate one for this type of murder.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Still waiting for an answer ElD.

I find it fascinating that you think blowing into something in order to drive a car is taking away your civil liberty..even though it would save lives, perhaps even your family's.

No one is saying you can't drive, it just adds an extra step in order to drive. Why is that in and of itself a civil liberty question?
      And by the way, I think these types of questions are almost as idiotic as drinking and driving. The odds of my family getting killed by a drunk driver are .0034% each year. Scare tactics such as these type of questions work to incite a panic in the masses, but not so well with an intelligent human.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I was not defending my past. I can't change what I have done other than to never do it again. I am extremely grateful that I did not hurt anyone. I paid my debt under the letter of the law. I learned my lesson. I am not looking for props for changing.

My suggestion is not to make me feel safer. I thought it was/is a reasonable way to stop some of the problem. I do not see it as taking away any liberty.

Call me an idiot, alcoholic, or whatever you want if that makes you feel better. It is who I was, thankfully not who I am.
        I did say "reformed idiot."

Besides, I don't see how blowing into the device would stop drunk driving. If someone was so determined, they could find ways around it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          No shit ... here's a Google Image search for "old gregg"

Have you ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
          I see you found my old frat picture.

Bailey's was for sissies. Chivas or Bombay from a shoe maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I see you found my old frat picture.

Bailey's was for sissies. Chivas or Bombay from a shoe maybe.
            You've been waiting all this time for an avatar ... it's destiny!

Comment

Andrew Jackson Jihad - The Michael Jordan Of Drunk Driving

Comment

Working...
              X