NIU and the Orange Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIU and the Orange Bowl

I wasn't fortunate to attend a major university. And technically I don't have a degree from Northern Illinois, but I did spend two and a half years attending classes at NIU to earn my teacher's certificate, so I consider myself and alum.

So I am in a great minority of college football fans in my excitement to see them in the Orange Bowl. They are playing a tough Florida State team, and that's a scary matchup (Louisville would have been much better!), and I so wish I could afford to be at the game. Times are tight in my family, so I'll have to settle for watching the game on New Year's Day.

If NIU loses, no one will be surprised. If they win...well it will change college football as much as Boise State defeating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. With a win, the MAC will start getting better teams to play, and hopefully pulling the MAC up to the level of such power conferences as...the Big East!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Nice stuff man. I wish I could share in your enjoyment. I haven't recovered yet from our loss. Never . Trust . Freshmen Kickers .

Comment

oh, you're a UCLA fan? You can't really blame that loss on him missing a 52-yarder in the rain... blame the WR who dropped an easy pass down the sideline on the final drive, or the tackling on the 80-yard INT return or the coverage on the TD pass.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        oh, you're a UCLA fan? You can't really blame that loss on him missing a 52-yarder in the rain... blame the WR who dropped an easy pass down the sideline on the final drive, or the tackling on the 80-yard INT return or the coverage on the TD pass.
        Current student. I don't blame it all on him. I think he'll be good. I blame it on the Hundley INT, the penalties, etc. 'Furd was ripe for a loss and we kinda puked on our cleats. The first half alone our RBs were primed for big runs and slipped numerous times.

That was our senior and all-time leading rusher Jonathan Franklin.

Comment

Well money is tight with the family, or I would have made the trip to Miami for the game. But her I am, watching the Huskies give it a good game so far. I see ESPN pulled out their top crew to call this game...Joe Tessltore and Dan Dierdorf? Blah.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
          X