Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX News gets served!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Journalist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Thomas Ricks was brought on to talk Benghazi. His response caused the interview to be ended immediately.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

"Well thanks for joining us today"

"You're welcome"

Comment

The best is after Ricks makes his point about Fox the host tries to challenge him on it but really all he's saying is, "I'm really dumb and now I'm going to give you a chance to elaborate on how stupid I am and everyone that works here." If he had any intelligence he would have ignored the comment and moved on to his next question.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ricks is a longtime prominent military reporter who just got (fairly or not) disemboweled in a recent piece by the guy who had written the General McChrystal piece for Rolling Stone that caused a big kerfuffle:

That's one of the most aggressive, no-holding-back pieces I've read in years. Not sure what to make of it beyond that..

"Another huge supporter [of Petraeus] was Tom Ricks, a former Washington Post journalist who found a second career as unofficial press agent for the general and his friends. Ricks is the ringleader of what I like to call “the media-military industrial complex,” setting the standard for its incestuous everyday corruption. He not only built Dave up, he facilitated the disastrous liaison between Broadwell and Petraeus. Ricks helped get Broadwell a literary agent, a six-figure book deal, and a publisher. Ricks blurbed her in 'All In', and earlier had promoted her content on his blog .....

This was the kind of bull**** Ricks and Broadwell had been pushing — and it not only wasn’t called bull****, it was embraced as serious work. Ricks wasn’t the only offender, of course — Petraeus more or less had journalists from many major media outlets slurping from the Pentagon’s gravy train."
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

All you need to know about Mike Hastings... ". Little, Brown editor Geoff Shandler once told me how “hot” he thought Broadwell was after she came in to meet him at his office, and indicated to me that Broadwell had made him somewhat aroused. Intellectual integrity all around, to be sure."

When a guy can't go five grafs without tossing an obscenity and feels the need to throw bystanders under the bus with crap like this...
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

That was one bareback horse ride, that's for sure...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Methinks Fox needs to make better choices on the experts they chose to bring in for interviews.

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

In law school they teach that it is generally a bad idea to ask a witness a question when you don't know how he or she will answer. Did the interviewer not have a good idea what this guy would say? I'm not in the television business, but it would seem the same general rule would apply there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  In law school they teach that it is generally a bad idea to ask a witness a question when you don't know how he or she will answer. Did the interviewer not have a good idea what this guy would say? I'm not in the television business, but it would seem the same general rule would apply there.
                  yeah, I was thinking along the same lines ... I assume that behind the on air reporter are a raft of researchers/staff who line these guys up ... I gotta believe someone got fired over this.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

And again from Governor Lincoln Chafee

"There's no tradition of a holiday tree!" O'Reilly said. He later taunted the governor. "You know I'm right," O'Reilly said to Chafee. "In your heart you know I'm right."

"No," Chafee said. "Your show, Fox News, you guys are too angry. This is an angry network."
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      And again from Governor Lincoln Chafee

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2217303.html
                      If bill knew his bible, he'd know that it is only the heathen put up trees....jeremiah 10:2-4
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Chafee hasn't seen The Ed Show on MSNBC yet, lol

War on Christmas like catnip for O'Reilly, meanwhile. he never gets tired of the scent!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          "Christianity is a philosophy, not a religion!"

Dumbassery abounds...
                          Where can i get a tax-exempt philosophy?
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                          X