Wishing east coasters sunny skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing east coasters sunny skies

And low tides. While we may not agree on lots of things, we can all agree on wishing our East Coast RJers good luck over the next few days. Sounds like its could be rough going. Prayers are with all of you.

Fair winds and following seas.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 10-29-2012, 08:22 AM.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Windy and wet... I'm at work. Hoping to cut out around 3ish.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Looks fine out my window right now, but seems like it will be much worse a little later. They're evacuating some lower floor apartments in Jersey City but they're a bit closer to the water than we are and we are on a higher floor anyway.

Thanks, Bernie. Now go **** yourself, you god-damned republican!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
        Looks fine out my window right now, but seems like it will be much worse a little later. They're evacuating some lower floor apartments in Jersey City but they're a bit closer to the water than we are and we are on a higher floor anyway.

Thanks, Bernie. Now go **** yourself, you god-damned republican!

Lol. That made me spit out my coffee. Take care of yourselves. Too bad it's not a week from now! That's what I'd call voter suppression!
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

No work for me today (school is closed) - I am sitting around hoping that the 100 year old trees around my 100 year old choose to stay rooted.

I am sure that the basement will get an inch or two of water - anything of value is in the attic or on higher shelves. We will probably lose power, but because I am a bad survivalist I do not have a generator. We haven't had the heat on yet, so that shouldn't be an issue.

My wife is taking advantage of the downtime from work and is getting bills and stuff organized - my son should be taking advantage and working on a paper (or SAT prep) but is playing Call of Duty until I go lean on him.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            No work for me today (school is closed) - I am sitting around hoping that the 100 year old trees around my 100 year old choose to stay rooted.

I am sure that the basement will get an inch or two of water - anything of value is in the attic or on higher shelves. We will probably lose power, but because I am a bad survivalist I do not have a generator. We haven't had the heat on yet, so that shouldn't be an issue.

My wife is taking advantage of the downtime from work and is getting bills and stuff organized - my son should be taking advantage and working on a paper (or SAT prep) but is playing Call of Duty until I go lean on him.
            Ahhh, let him play some CoD while you have power.

One of my relatives out east shared that she has the heat set high, as she anticipates losing the furnace when Sandy comes through. Are other people doing the same thing.

Prayers and thoughts are with all of you!
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              Ahhh, let him play some CoD while you have power.

One of my relatives out east shared that she has the heat set high, as she anticipates losing the furnace when Sandy comes through. Are other people doing the same thing.

Prayers and thoughts are with all of you!

Nah - we got fleece for all and the cats have fur - it is 56 degrees outside - baby stuff for Minnesota

Comment

man, early pics of flooding do not look good

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    man, early pics of flooding do not look good
                    Nope especially since it's low tide and storm isn't even here yet.

Comment

Prayers are with all of my East Coast Junkies....stay safe!

Comment

Working...
                      X