No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite part was Glenn going ring shopping.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      My favorite part was Glenn going ring shopping.
      The Rick versus Guv'ner face-to-face episode was excellent also.

Merle shot like 6 of the Guv'ner's troops ... that's half his army dead right?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        The Rick versus Guv'ner face-to-face episode was excellent also.

Merle shot like 6 of the Guv'ner's troops ... that's half his army dead right?
        He was raising an army a few episodes ago, but Merle probably took out some of his better shots. The Governor's still got numbers on his side, but they're probably not as skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          He was raising an army a few episodes ago, but Merle probably took out some of his better shots. The Governor's still got numbers on his side, but they're probably not as skilled.
          When Andrea gathered the "whole town" in one of those mid-season episodes, there was like 30 people max there, mostly women, children and elderly.

Comment

• Man that was such an enjoyable episode. Even for all of its warts, and there are plenty, I like the group a lot and find myself caring for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Man that was such an enjoyable episode. Even for all of its warts, and there are plenty, I like the group a lot and find myself caring for them.
              I was pretty surprised how it played out. Expected some things, didn't expect others.

Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I was pretty surprised how it played out. Expected some things, didn't expect others.

Spoiler!
                My brothers and I all wondered the same thing. What did you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  Man that was such an enjoyable episode. Even for all of its warts, and there are plenty, I like the group a lot and find myself caring for them.
                  You can't compare the last 5 episodes with the mid season Woodbury filler stuff. Excellent. I had a feeling they'd keep the Guv'nur around a bit longer. Woodbury sucks, but his character is great.

They got back to focusing on the characters ... Carl's Darth Vadar esque conversion to the dark side is coming along nicely The ambiguity of the scene when he shot the Woodbury kid was excellent ... there was a hint that the kid was not going to drop the shotgun ... maybe more than a hint ... and Carl wasn't taking any chances. That is the kind of subtlety that made the first 2 seasons so good, and this is what takes a show to the next level IMO. I thought the kid was getting ready to draw on Carl, not drop the weapon.

Keeping GoT for tonight when I'm done with work.

Comment

• A very strong episode. I didn't think for a second that they'd kill off the Governor this soon. He's far more of a threat to the group than any of the Walkers and with the exception of "Lil' Governor" Carl there isn't anyone who has given the slightest hint they could be a antagonist next season. When he just gunned down his entire group like that I believe the Governor's slow transformation from grieving father to absolute monster was completed. I can't wait to see how he evolves next season.

I loved the moment at the end with Michonne and Andrea and I'm consistently impressed by how much Norman Reedus is able to convey without saying a word. I know this isn't the type of show that garner's Emmy attention, but I think Norman Reedus deserves Best Support Actor Emmy consideration for this season.

As they said on Talking Dead after the episode last night I was a bit concerned by the group taking in so many old people. They die in their sleep and turn and you have a situation on your hands, but it was clearly important for Rick to try and created civilization for Carl.

I also loved how he looked up at the catwalk after returning to the prison and didn't see Lori there. Great moment.

Comment

• why didn't the group just take over Woodbury, rather than transport everyone to the prison? The prison has proven a few times to be penetrable, and the Governor was just down to his two lieutenants, so not as if they could've taken it back. At least in Woodbury, they would've had an entire town rather than just a single cellblock.

Comment

• The Governor is such a great bad guy!
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• I heard a lot of people asking about that.

I feel like they just proved that they could hold the prison against an all out assault where as they were able to sort of march into Woodbury on two different occasions. Also, I think the idea of "stability" and "their" home probably provides some sense of humanity for the group - smart or not.

That being said, I'd have gone to Woodbury too and maybe they will decide to make that move eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            I heard a lot of people asking about that.

I feel like they just proved that they could hold the prison against an all out assault where as they were able to sort of march into Woodbury on two different occasions. Also, I think the idea of "stability" and "their" home probably provides some sense of humanity for the group - smart or not.

That being said, I'd have gone to Woodbury too and maybe they will decide to make that move eventually.
                            The prison, like Herschel's farm last season, just seems too claustrophobic for another full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              why didn't the group just take over Woodbury, rather than transport everyone to the prison? The prison has proven a few times to be penetrable, and the Governor was just down to his two lieutenants, so not as if they could've taken it back. At least in Woodbury, they would've had an entire town rather than just a single cellblock.
                              Woodbury sucks ass. One of the reasons it sucked was because you never got the impression it was a real town ... they only ever showed one street and a barricade. The inhabitants were ridiculous ... walking round in 1950's dresses or like something from Little House On The Prairie as if nothing had changed ... but they also enjoyed a bit of sadistic biter baiting cage fighting on the side after their evening strolls. The expense of making Woodbury seem realistic as a town would have probably been excessive. It was silly that so few people could somehow manage and maintain the whole perimeter of a town with like 10-15 troops ... but it was nice of the zombies to keep appearing at North and South barricades.

The prison works because there is one way in and one way out. That makes sense.

So long Woodbury, you won't be missed.

Comment

• I agree, Ed. I also question why Rick hasn't at least considered going back to his old town where Morgan set up all the booby traps.

Comment

Working...
                                X