Dexter Season 7 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Season 7 Thread

Dexter starts tonight at 9pm! Man, Sunday nights are starting to get all clogged up!

So his sister the Lt. does not even arrest him.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Great start to the season, but I disliked the fact Det. anderson was treated like some common criminal. that was typical of the later seasons of Oz. For instance, if a detective was killed in NYC, the entire city would go into mourning. It seemed to be dusted under the rug here.

Comment

Terrific episode ... I'm glad to see the series final takes a turn in another direction ... it was getting a bit formulaic.

... and the return of Titus Pullo.

One gripe was that he just walked out of an airport with a dead body in a surfboard bag ... as if! No way he would even risk going through security with a bulky surfboard bag. Very clunky story boarding.

Comment

So now that Deb knows about Dexter (sorry, since this is the official thread, I'm not whiting everything out), why did she not ask the obvious question: Did you kill your wife?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            So now that Deb knows about Dexter (sorry, since this is the official thread, I'm not whiting everything out), why did she not ask the obvious question: Did you kill your wife?
            There's about 100 obvious questions she didn't ask between finding out her brother has ritually killed hundreds of people and deciding to become his new mama ... not to mention finding out that her father was a serial killer trainer. Within 24 hours she's OK with it as long as Dex doesn't do it anymore?

She never even considered that he framed and killed a cop as the Bay Harbor Butcher to hide his identity?

So far it has been a major fail on following last seasons great cliffhanger.

I preferred Deborah when she had a potty mouth and said f*ckity f*ck f*ck f*ck 20 times per episode.

Comment

Agree with Revo, things like hey I got Trinity for ya, or you can quit looking for Anderson's killer, got that one covered.....

Comment

I was really excited for this season but so far it sucks. I don't have Showtime so I usually wait for Netflix but couldn't wait so I've been watching online.

Also, does anyone else think that Deb is the worst actor on TV? She's up there in the over acting department with Charleston Heston.

Having said all that, I think there could be some good interesting developments with the Russians tracking down Dexter and the crazy dude Louis. But the Deb and Dexter thing really sucks.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  I was really excited for this season but so far it sucks. I don't have Showtime so I usually wait for Netflix but couldn't wait so I've been watching online.

Also, does anyone else think that Deb is the worst actor on TV? She's up there in the over acting department with Charleston Heston.

Having said all that, I think there could be some good interesting developments with the Russians tracking down Dexter and the crazy dude Louis. But the Deb and Dexter thing really sucks.
                  The Deb character worked better as a panicky insecure foul mouthed wannabe. I think the writers have let her down the last couple of series. Meryl Streep would have trouble trying to make her reaction to finding out about Dexter believable.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    The Deb character worked better as a panicky insecure foul mouthed wannabe. I think the writers have let her down the last couple of series. Meryl Streep would have trouble trying to make her reaction to finding out about Dexter believable.
                    Yeah, that's fair. Though I always thought her action was awful. It was barely passable before but now just ruins any scene she's in.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So while I enjoy all episodes of Dexter, I thought this one was too much of a "convenient" episode. As in:

- Dexter happens to pick his next case to work on where he thinks the killer will strike again, and conveniently he does

- the lines of control conveniently fail, so Deb sees how his activities really do the public good.

- Louis conveniently decides to mess with Dexter's boat at the same time the Russian mafia comes to the marina, and that's the end of Louis.

And didn't Quinn learn his lesson last season from sleeping with witnesses?
                      Last edited by revo; 10-15-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

The end of Louis? Did you miss the camera shot of the blood spatter on the deck of Dexter's boat...?
                        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                          The end of Louis? Did you miss the camera shot of the blood spatter on the deck of Dexter's boat...?
                          I saw that, but I don't think I'm following you. What are you implying here with him?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            So while I enjoy all episodes of Dexter, I thought this one was too much of a "convenient" episode. As in:

- Dexter happens to pick his next case to work on where he thinks the killer will strike again, and conveniently he does

- the lines of control conveniently fail, so Deb sees how his activities really do the public good.

- Louis conveniently decides to mess with Dexter's boat at the same time the Russian mafia comes to the marina, and that's the end of Louis.

And didn't Quinn learn his lesson last season from sleeping with witnesses?
                            Quinn Does not learn, especially when it is a situation he thinks with his libido.

Dexter did not "happen" to pick up a live case. This how he scouts his victims. Business as usual. Chancing across the bodies in the barrels in season 3 was a "happen".

Having Louis blood on Dexter's boat will be a big issue at some point. The question is who will find it, Deb or the Captain?

The real coincidence is that Dexter is conveniently standing next to the Russian Boss, with time to chat.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Dexter did not "happen" to pick up a live case. This how he scouts his victims. Business as usual. Chancing across the bodies in the barrels in season 3 was a "happen".
                              He has scouted his victims like this before, but in this case, he had not done any prior scouting and appeared to pick the victim's file from a stack he had in his drawer. Then voila, he kills again within the week.

Good points on the other two.

Comment

Working...
                              X