Bears-- #1 Threat to America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears-- #1 Threat to America!

Can you identify what this polar bear is doing?

web_030427-O-0000B-001.jpg
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

canadian asw
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

dammit, you guys weren't supposed to find that yet
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        canadian asw
        Brilliant! The picture, taken from the attack periscope of USS Connecticut-- the most modern and dangerous attack sub on the planet-- is of a polar bear attacking the rudder housing of the boat after it surfaced through the ice in 2003. The crazy (craziest?) thing is that this appears to happen semi-often-- attacks by polar bears on Soviet, Russian, and other American boats have been documented.
        Last edited by Bob Kohm; 09-18-2012, 09:12 AM.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Dont mess with polar bears. They are one of the few animals known to kill for pleasure.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X