Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    It's even better in full context, lol:

“Our most effective ad is our welfare ad,” a top television advertising strategist for Romney, Ashley O’Connor, said at a forum Tuesday hosted by ABCNews and Yahoo! News. “It’s new information.”...

The Washington Post’s “Fact Checker” awarded Romney’s ad “four Pinocchios,” a measure Romney pollster Neil Newhouse dismissed.

“Fact checkers come to this with their own sets of thoughts and beliefs, and we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers,” he said.

That’s a very interesting admission. But it gets better. Reading this brought to mind Romney’s own remarks about fact-checking and political advertising not long ago. Needless to say, he has a different standard for the Obama campaign:

“You know, in the past, when people pointed out that something was inaccurate, why, campaigns pulled the ad,” Romney said on the radio. “They were embarrassed. Today, they just blast ahead. You know, the various fact checkers look at some of these charges in the Obama ads and they say that they’re wrong, and inaccurate, and yet he just keeps on running them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...03a7_blog.html
    You're citing the WaPo as if it is in any way unbiased? I know your sleep patterns must be way out of whack right now due to the new arrival, but puh-leez. That's like citing Fox News next week.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

• Holy smokes, what the hell happened to Clint Eastwood. Man they really should not have rolled him out there in his advanced age.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        Holy smokes, what the hell happened to Clint Eastwood. Man they really should not have rolled him out there in his advanced age.
        Clinton "Clint" Eastwood, Jr. (born May 31, 1930)

He has been making movies and TV for 57 years and still works. Tip your hat to the man.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          You're citing the WaPo as if it is in any way unbiased? I know your sleep patterns must be way out of whack right now due to the new arrival, but puh-leez. That's like citing Fox News next week.
          You're making a fool of yourself, Ray, when you claim bias in the Post Fact Checker and, worse, you're being made a fool of by others when you confuse opinion pages with news coverage. Seriously, read what you're criticizing.
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              photoshopped date on there!

Comment

• Is there anyone in here prepared to say that they are either more or less likely to vote for Romney/Ryan than they were before the convention? I obviously can't speak to that because my chances of voting for Romney/Ryan stayed at 0%. Although I am very slightly more likely to convert to Mormonism.

Comment

• My wife is actually a registered Republican so she isn't a straight ticket voter as I am most often. She watched the speech with me and at the end of it, was left just as confused about his policies as she has been this entire campaign.

"He's running a vegetarian campaign -- he's only throwing red meat out there, not consuming it in policies. I still have no idea HOW he will make change"

Comment

• I would be more likely to vote for the party whose convention rhetoric is more honest, so too soon to say obviously......
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      I would be more likely to vote for the party whose convention rhetoric is more honest, so too soon to say obviously......
                      Out of curiosity, do policy distinctions impact your vote at all? Are there policy issues about which you feel with some passion that there is a right and a wrong approach?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Is there anyone in here prepared to say that they are either more or less likely to vote for Romney/Ryan than they were before the convention? I obviously can't speak to that because my chances of voting for Romney/Ryan stayed at 0%. Although I am very slightly more likely to convert to Mormonism.
                        im more likely to actually go vote instead of assuming Texas is safe.

Rubio was great and I still like him best for vp. If Romney doesn't win, it's going to be interesting in 2016.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          Rubio was great and I still like him best for vp. If Romney doesn't win, it's going to be interesting in 2016.
                          Obviously I don;t care for Rubio's politics, but two things struck me about him. First, he was worse than Christie in terms of being up there to simply self promote and make his case for being the 2016 nominee. Christie at least did it during the Keynote, which was bad enough. Rubio did it in the INTRODUCTION OF THE NOMINEE'S SPEECH. Dear god, can you imagine if someone had tried to pull that shlt in a Karl Rove run convention? When two of the top three guys in your Party effectively say you're not goign to win, I'd be pretty unhappy if I were Mitt Romney this morning. Second, does Rubio's singsongy delivery strike anyone else as off-putting? Nothing to do with his idea, but his cadence and voice strike me as a bit creepy.
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            im more likely to actually go vote instead of assuming Texas is safe.

There is indeed a talented 2016 field with Rubio & Christie leading the pack. I maintain the biggest mistake the party made was going with Ryan over Rubio as the VP candidate. The amount of stuff out there on Ryan as him being a Bush cheerleader against the same stuff he's now railing against is really strong while Rubio's story resonates with many and his negative research is much shallower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                              Second, does Rubio's singsongy delivery strike anyone else as off-putting? Nothing to do with his idea, but his cadence and voice strike me as a bit creepy.
                              Hmm. Not really. He seems likable enough to me when one imagines away his politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                There is indeed a talented 2016 field with Rubio & Christie leading the pack. I maintain the biggest mistake the party made was going with Ryan over Rubio as the VP candidate. The amount of stuff out there on Ryan as him being a Bush cheerleader against the same stuff he's now railing against is really strong while Rubio's story resonates with many and his negative research is much shallower.
                                Ryan is a firebrand. Rubio is not. Firebrands come with a list of issues, but they also bring energy that is not available another way. The Romney campaign needs to make up ground. In spite of all the issues, Ryan is better for that than Rubio. It may not work, but it is not a clear mistake.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X