Heard of these bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of these bands?

My company has a week long user conference in SF, and this year they've added a huge music component, instead of having just a one night event. I'm geeked up for The Hives and The Bravery, Joss Stone and Macy Gray are also scheduled as is the English Beat (Friar????), but so are a bunch of other bands I've never heard of that I could go to see free. Anyone heard of any of these?

Dodos
    American Steel
    Dirty Ghosts
    Young Prisms
    Red Meat

My friends band is going to open for the Hives on the last day

a bunch of DJ's too, any of these guys any good?

DJ Don Lynch
    DJ Josh One
    DJ Mei-Lwun
    DJ Panic City
    DJ Zaq
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

I saw the Hives in philly about a month ago and it was a fantastic show. I knew just a few songs but the lead singer was very engaging and I had a ton of fun. I was going to suggest that my brother see them when they hit SF, but it wasn't on their tour schedule.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The only one I know on your list is the Dodos. I thought their first and second albums were really good and their most recent one was only okay. They were really good when I saw them live too.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I saw the Hives in philly about a month ago and it was a fantastic show. I knew just a few songs but the lead singer was very engaging and I had a ton of fun. I was going to suggest that my brother see them when they hit SF, but it wasn't on their tour schedule.
        Are they still playing the same 10 songs

Comment

I did some digging, they all seem to be Bay Area bands....the guy that picked them is the one whose band "The Five Hundreds" is opening for the Hives the final night at the Yerba Buena Gardens
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Josh-One?! That's cool. He's on the same record label as my bros.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Are they still playing the same 10 songs
              for all I know.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
              X