Shooting at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin

Reported seven dead, including the gunman. Early reports say a police officer responded to 911, exchanged fire with the gunman, was shot but fatally wounded the gunman.

The people at the Temple were gathering and getting ready for the day's worship service.

SWAT has spent the day sweeping the building and the parking lots to make sure there was not another gunman (and to find out how the guy got there).

The police officer is being praised by Temple officials as a hero.

Still no word on who or why.

Comment

Everyone thinks the sihks are muslim because they wear turbans, but they've been fighting against the muslim tribes on india's northern border for a thousand years. Sihks are hindi
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        Everyone thinks the sihks are muslim because they wear turbans, but they've been fighting against the muslim tribes on india's northern border for a thousand years. Sihks are hindi
        Hindi is a language. Sikhs follow Sikhhism, which is closer to Hinduism and Buddhism than Islam, but also different in some respects. They have been discriminated against in India by Hindus AND Muslims.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Opps, i thought hindi was just the plural of hindu....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Nope. Hindi = language, Hindu = religion, Hindus = multiple people who are Hindu.

In any case, Sikhs are NOT Hindus.

But, some Sikhs speak Hindi, which is the most common language in India.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X