Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare baseball cards from 1910 found in attic

What a find!!! A few of the cards were rated

Wowza. To be in that good condition is remarkable. I have a few 1908-1910 t206s, most in awful condition, but they're still worth $40-$50 apiece. I couldn't imagine what a Honus Wagner grade 10 is worth.

Comment

I was coming over to post the link myself. What an amazing story and find both for the family and the collectors out there who will have the chance to add to their collections. Makes you wonder what else is out there buried away somewhere.

Comment

I love these kinds of stories. Thanks for sharing.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I love these kinds of stories. Thanks for sharing.

I agree. This is a great story. Thank you.

Comment

Now is not the time to piss off your wife and have her sell your cards...... LOL!!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Made the front page of the Guardian website over here ...

Comment

OK, so I'm strolling through some guy's mansion, and he's showing me his rare collectibles. He pulls me into a room and turns up the lights, revealing a Honus Wagner baseball card in a glass display case. "I paid $1.2 million dollars for it," he says, beaming with pride.

I can't imagine my reaction being anything other than: "You paid $1.2 million dollars for a baseball card?! Are you insane???!!!"

Probably why I don't get invited to mingle with millionaires very often. I'll go to my grave never understanding the collector mindset.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I opened my packs last night. 3 best cards

Roberto Alomar rated rookie
                  Bo Jackson future star
                  Gary Sheffield future star

and, yes, there was a Jamie Moyer card in there

Comment

37 cards sold in the 1st three batches sold for $566k tonight. They have another 660 cards to go. Dayyum.
                    Last edited by revo; 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

If I ever have half a mil clear, I will retire and live on the income. What is this poor guy going to do?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                      X