Bed Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Bugs

Oh, not us because - well, that's just a problem for sloppy people and...
    wait, it isn't?

Hypothetically, how can one be sure one has bed bugs, and that the rash on a leg isn't from something else?

This couple we know, let's call them Mr and Mrs Fudge Fude, wonder because Mrs Fudge has that rash and Mr Fudge doesn't at all.

Mrs Fudge found what looked like two little bugs and took them to the dermatologist, who said she was excited to finally have someone bring them in - and that they definitely were bedbugs.

But the doc didn't even know to save them, because apparently any pest control guy like the one who came today would have wanted to see them.

So we - er, this couple - has a dermatologist who is confirming something that the pest control guy won't certify until he sees evidence for himself.

This is a 4th-floor condo in the Northeast, if that matters.

So who can help.. this couple out? Anyone know anyone who's had 'em?
    What works, what doesn't, and who has gotten scammed?

I take it this is a tenant problem and not a landlord's? We're told they might have come from another condo, or a hotel, or a movie theater, etc.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

How to Know You Have 'Em

How To Get Rid of 'Em

Comment

there was an article in our paper up here last winter about a company that turns your house/condo/apt into an oven to get rid of them. Basically they bring in a bunch of high powered heaters, seal the unit off, and cook the place. Of course you have to remove anything that could potentially melt or warp but they claimed a very high success rate.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        there was an article in our paper up here last winter about a company that turns your house/condo/apt into an oven to get rid of them. Basically they bring in a bunch of high powered heaters, seal the unit off, and cook the place. Of course you have to remove anything that could potentially melt or warp but they claimed a very high success rate.
        I like that ... the thought of the little fkers internally combusting.

Comment

yes, we - er, they - had a friend who tried everything and spent about 6 grand. only the incinerator plan actually worked.

we're still not convinced we - er, they - have 'em. will check those links above, though.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

You're as likely to find bed bugs in a clean environment as an unclean. In fact you're more likely to hear about a problem in a clean place (I've noticed the press like stories about Boutique and 5 Star hotels having bed bug issues). They only feed on fresh produce (you!) ... not like cockroaches etc who thrive in filth.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              If the room(s) where the bedbugs live are well-sealed, this is about the only bulletproof method. Before the cookers come in, however, make sure every nook and cranny that may end up behind the sealing (such as window sashes) are thoroughly caulked/sealed.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

We're still looking for 'em, but can't find 'em now. might be a false alarm, but at least we know what to look for.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  We're still looking for 'em, but can't find 'em now. might be a false alarm, but at least we know what to look for.
                  Have you checked behind your ears

Comment

Oh, they haven't bitten me once yet.
                    It's Mrs Judge who's the sweet one....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Oh, they haven't bitten me once yet.
                      It's Mrs Judge who's the sweet one....
                      Same thing happened to us while we were traveling (in Argentina of course), they feasted on my wife and left me alone.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Same thing happened to us while we were traveling (in Argentina of course), they feasted on my wife and left me alone.
                        There's a story hiding in there ...

I lived with a Chilean couple for a while at Uni ... so we interacted with a lot of Argentinian's. Pretty much every South American who wasn't Argentinian commented on how arrogant they generally were. In fairness I never really noticed myself.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          There's a story hiding in there ...

I lived with a Chilean couple for a while at Uni ... so we interacted with a lot of Argentinian's. Pretty much every South American who wasn't Argentinian commented on how arrogant they generally were. In fairness I never really noticed myself.
                          I was mugged 2x (1st time I woke up in the hospital covered in blood and suffered from post-head-trauma for 6 months, 2nd time at knife-point) and had my backpack stolen (separately from the muggings) all within 2 weeks. Not a fan.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I was mugged 2x (1st time I woke up in the hospital covered in blood and suffered from post-head-trauma for 6 months, 2nd time at knife-point) and had my backpack stolen (separately from the muggings) all within 2 weeks. Not a fan.
                            Holy **** was this the around the world trip?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                              Holy **** was this the around the world trip?
                              i think that was elD that had the 'round the world in 80 days trip (well, it was more like 6 months, but...).

****ty story though, DMT. i've been a lot of places internationally, and some not-so-nice places, but never had that bad an experience. once had some crazy in amsterdam threaten me with a needle he said was infected with AIDS. i gave him 10 florins and he skeedaddled. was once accosted by young kids with a baseball bat in a really nice area of pasadena when walking home from a bar late at night. i told them they'd have to kill me before they got my wallet and they backed off. but nothing like those two of yours, and on one trip! :-/...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X