YouTube Favorites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Favorites?

I was viewing a video on YouTube and went to save it into my favorites, when I was stunned to see all of my favorites and folders were gone. I have a strong feeling it had something to do with Google taking it over and needing your Google ID/Password to log-in, and anything prior to that date was wiped clean. This sucks -- 8 years of saves and likes gone!

Anyone have any idea what happened, or if they could be recovered?

All of mine are there (not that there were too many anyway). But, I have some stuff from 4 or 5 years I have saved and it is still there...

Did you Cowboy fan nephew get ahold of your PW?
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I was viewing a video on YouTube and went to save it into my favorites, when I was stunned to see all of my favorites and folders were gone. I have a strong feeling it had something to do with Google taking it over and needing your Google ID/Password to log-in, and anything prior to that date was wiped clean. This sucks -- 8 years of saves and likes gone!

Anyone have any idea what happened, or if they could be recovered?
      IIRC, during a major YouTube revision, my Favorites were 'moved' one level in. I.e., I think they used to be on the 'main' YouTube page, but now you have to click on your username (upper right) for them to display, along w your Likes, History, etc. You have to be logged in in order to see your username 'link'. That happenned a while ago, maybe 2 yrs ago. This may have been about the time that Google took YouTube over. Did this change just happen to you recently? If so, did you just get a new PC or do an upgrade of your Windows or browser? If this doesnt help, if you describe exactly what you see on your main YouTube page someone may be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        IIRC, during a major YouTube revision, my Favorites were 'moved' one level in. I.e., I think they used to be on the 'main' YouTube page, but now you have to click on your username (upper right) for them to display, along w your Likes, History, etc. You have to be logged in in order to see your username 'link'. That happenned a while ago, maybe 2 yrs ago. This may have been about the time that Google took YouTube over. Did this change just happen to you recently? If so, did you just get a new PC or do an upgrade of your Windows or browser? If this doesnt help, if you describe exactly what you see on your main YouTube page someone may be able to help.
        I just found them -- they were under my pre-Google ID/password, and obviously didn't transfer over to the new Google ID. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I just found them -- they were under my pre-Google ID/password, and obviously didn't transfer over to the new Google ID. Thanks.
          Whew!

Comment

Working...
          X