What a piece of human garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a piece of human garbage

Come & slurp America's resources, talents, and people and then cut and run when you have to pay 15% on capital gains. It's not my country tis of me, *******

at least the author gets it

As an immigrant myself, I’ve got no patience for the argument that he should keep all of it. Pretty much everything in my life that I enjoy wouldn’t have happened without my being in the United States. My education, my job, my wife and family, the fact that I’m not persecuted for my race or religion (I was born in South Africa), the fact that I can sometimes forget to lock my doors at night and not end up killed by marauding bands—I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but when I think about all the ways that the United States has been integral to everything in my life, taxes seem like a tiny price.

Now, remember that the tax rate on long-term capital gains is only 15 percent. In other words, Saverin gets to keep 85 percent of everything he’s making from Facebook’s IPO. Given how much of his wealth depends on the government, that’s more than fair.

These people have lost perspective. They have more money than you can spending in a 1000 lifetimes, and they want to find ways to dodge even low levels of taxation to squirrel away more.

It works better as an example of this class of people just not living in reality ... it didn't require the nationalistic flag waving angle, which IMO distracts from the real issue.

Comment

Didn't take long for someone to try to fix this (or gain some political points)

http://www.politicspa.com/sen-bob-ca...ew-bill/35748/

During the 2012 election cycle Democrats are positioning themselves as the “defenders of the middle class,” and Sen. Bob Casey Jr. is honing that message by attacking the top .001 percent of income earners, including Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin.

Along with NY Sen. Chuck Schumer, Casey is introducing a bill that would prevent U.S. citizens from renouncing their citizenship in order to avoid taxes.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And it continues ...

Wealthy socialite and Grammy-nominated songwriter Denise Rich has renounced her U.S. citizenship and resides in London, her spokeswoman Judy Smith said Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
          What am i missing here? What is she doing wrong?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

London welcomes billionaires and tax dodgers with open arms.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              London welcomes billionaires and tax dodgers with open arms.
              They just get murderer there.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Along with NY Sen. Chuck Schumer, Casey is introducing a bill that would prevent U.S. citizens from renouncing their citizenship in order to avoid taxes.
                LOL! Yeah, that'll work well given the ease of extradition we have with people who go to Switzerland or Brazil or Antigua or Singapore....
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X