No announcement yet.

Movie Character discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry fellers, I didn't get a PM until SDS sent one today, and I neglected to check the thread to see if I was up. Too busy banning BK and all!

Comment

• I didn't send one since you're here all the time. Oops.

Who else figured BK would get banned over the Wisconsin recall election? I would not have picked girls' softball in a million years.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Bill the Butcher was a steal. Nice one. Daniel Plainview approves of your selection.

Comment

• +1 on Chili Palmer, Gregg... Love that movie
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            +1 on Chili Palmer, Gregg... Love that movie
            Thanks! One of those movies that I can jump in anywhere.

Fresno Bob- Brilliant pic! Now you get to be in your own movie. Of course you know it is not reality and you really don't get to do anything but act. Still a great idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Thanks! One of those movies that I can jump in anywhere.

Fresno Bob- Brilliant pic! Now you get to be in your own movie. Of course you know it is not reality and you really don't get to do anything but act. Still a great idea.
              Coolest walk... Chili Palmer going up the stairs in the restaurant right before tossing Bear down them... the flip the switch moment is great when he see Bo...
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• I think this draft is like en evil James Bond villain.....making its participants die a slow, painful death.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I think this draft is like en evil James Bond villain.....making its participants die a slow, painful death.....
                  Someone asked earlier in the thread why PMs are not being sent. My question would be why people join up and then don't follow the draft more closely. I also think we go too many rounds and people get bored. I also think having categories that must be filled might increase the attention people pay. But, hey, I'm just (counts, slowly) one man.

Comment

• 10 and done right
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Someone asked earlier in the thread why PMs are not being sent. My question would be why people join up and then don't follow the draft more closely. I also think we go too many rounds and people get bored. I also think having categories that must be filled might increase the attention people pay. But, hey, I'm just (counts, slowly) one man.
                      Draft started: May 6th
                      Today's Date: June 10th
                      Number of Days: 36
                      Number of picks: 159
                      Picks per Day: 4.4

You just can't hold an attention span when the draft is loping along like this, with some drafters going 4 days between picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I think this draft is like en evil James Bond villain.....making its participants die a slow, painful death.....
                        We've settled into a "groove" of one pick per day, apparently.

I disagree that categories would make it more interesting. I think the "fit all your draftees into a plot" is the bigger stumbling block.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          10 and done right
                          In hindsight 10 rounds would have been optimal. But no reason people can't just make a feckin pick. It takes 2 seconds ... especially if you aren't really caring anymore.

EDIT: he says not even realizing that he was up!!

Comment

• I'm in desperate need of some eye candy for my last pick.

Comment

• Great pick with Randal. Was thinking about picking him.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Wait, so how many picks are we really going? Or does it really matter?
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X