Movie Character discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
    All I know is that when the curtain goes up on Stephen's movie, I'm walking out of the theater:

Yoda
    Ash
    Mr Miyagi
    Morpheus

Somehow, I'm not surprised...
    Funny....I was just coming into the discussion thread to say Stephen's lineup is my favorite thus far. Mithandir's is running 2nd, and could get much closer with his 4th round pick.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Is she alright?
      She will be. She had extreme back pain and difficulty breathing. They did a CT scan to make sure that she didn't have a blood clot in her lungs. They diagnosed her with pleurisy, which is inflammation of the tissue surrounding the lungs.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        She will be. She had extreme back pain and difficulty breathing. They did a CT scan to make sure that she didn't have a blood clot in her lungs. They diagnosed her with pleurisy, which is inflammation of the tissue surrounding the lungs.
        Glad she is OK.

Funny story about pleurisy. Right after i met my wife i was having some pain in my chest which was a pulled muscle. When i told her about the pain her first diagnosis was "It might be pleurisy". Well i started laughing and told her she just made that up as i never had heard of pleurisy. So anytime someone starts coughing, has an ache in their lung area, etc we joke around and say "Maybe it's pleurisy".
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Funny....I was just coming into the discussion thread to say Stephen's lineup is my favorite thus far. Mithandir's is running 2nd, and could get much closer with his 4th round pick.
          We'll see after my 4th round pick cause it's going to be a doozy and extremely vital for my storyline and final line in my story.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Can someone give me a PM heads up if it gets within 3 or 4 picks of my turn. I know one of my characters ... but haven't really thought about the other yet.

Comment

• 4.08 Alex Forrest - Glenn Close - Fatal Attraction
              Nice pick. I was considering her for the skirt in my crime noir psycho-drama.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                4.10 Batman/Bruce Wayne: Christian Bale: Batman: The Dark Knight
                I like the character, but, man, his "bat voice" irritates me.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

• I thought about Kurtz, but he doesn't really fit in with the plotlines in my head right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    ManCalledFoot, you are seriously cracking me up with your commentary and photo shopping. Quality stuff, thanks!
                    Thank you, but I am trying to be all mysterious and Kubrick-like and will not be talking to the press for the duration of the draft.

Plus I have to start photoshopping the next one.
                    One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I thought about Kurtz, but he doesn't really fit in with the plotlines in my head right now.
                      He's the visionary kingpin of my crime syndicate. But he needs a tough, disciplined, focused right-hand man to implement his agenda and keep the sociopathic rabble in line...

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                        Thank you, but I am trying to be all mysterious and Kubrick-like and will not be talking to the press for the duration of the draft.

Plus I have to start photoshopping the next one.
                        Just awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          ManCalledFoot, you are seriously cracking me up with your commentary and photo shopping. Quality stuff, thanks!
                          Agree. Good stuff Man!

Comment

• I'll concur with the others about your efforts, MCF. Well played.

I honestly picked my first three characters without having any real sense of what my plot was going to be. I had a eureka moment in the middle of the third round and now I can't wait to make the rest of my picks.
                            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Can all of you haven't posted your rosters please do so.

Thanks.

Comment

• I thought Johnny's two most recent picks would have gone way before they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X