Texting while driving in PA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    In Maine now, there is an umbrella provision now, not just limited to texting while driving. It is now driving while distracted... and that can be for texting, searching for something, putting on makeup, talking on the phone, eating in the car...
    That seems awfully broad - how do they define "distracted"? Talking to someone in the passenger seat? Bunch of screaming kids in the back seat? Having to pee really bad? As a driver, you're responsible to do your best to focus on driving the car and dealing with distractions, of course. I'd think they'd need to delineate some of the distractions as being more dangerous and unnecessary, maybe. Say, reading a newspaper while driving being way more dangerous than getting caught up in your favorite song on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      plus it lets the cops justify pulling over hot 19 year girls.....
      And strip-search them if they want to, per the Supreme Court...
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        "Officer, I was just adjusting myself!"
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

What are Road safety / drink driving campaigns like?

Ours are a real downer ... and they always put them on during popular sporting events (for good reason) ...

Comment

Those are awesome commercials...shows how your idiotic driving decisions can be fatal to others. Pretty gruesome...but sometimes it takes that to sink in to some people.

The commercials in America aren't anything like these...much more benign.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Those were brutal....but I have one question, what's with the whole "miles per hour" in the 2nd one, shouldn't it be KPH?
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Those were brutal....but I have one question, what's with the whole "miles per hour" in the 2nd one, shouldn't it be KPH?
                We still use MPH in the UK ... it's KPH in the rest of Europe.

The second campaign ("It's 30 for a reason") is credited with a massive reduction is accidents. Some of these are genius ... some downright disturbing.

Genius

Genius

Disturbing

Comment

Hey, that kid was totally jaywalking in the first video! They could re-purpose that one to warn pedestrians to cross in the crosswalk.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                  X