*Official Triple Crown Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    bad news for WFAN NY radio listeners - Orb, or "Awb," as he enunciates it, was Mike Francesa's pick to win. Two straight weeks of endless Triple Crown tawk - er, talk - ahead since he picked the winner fpr once.

It it a spawt - guh, sport - that Francesa knows a lot about, and I think he's owned a piece of some haw... - horses.

But these will be some insufferable weeks...
    It takes real skill to pick the favourite

Comment

• well, the favorite has won 4 of the last 25 Derbys, or something like that...
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I put $20 on Orb to win and $20 on Revolutionary to show.
        Winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          bad news for WFAN NY radio listeners - Orb, or "Awb," as he enunciates it, was Mike Francesa's pick to win. Two straight weeks of endless Triple Crown tawk - er, talk - ahead since he picked the winner fpr once.

It it a spawt - guh, sport - that Francesa knows a lot about, and I think he's owned a piece of some haw... - horses.

But these will be some insufferable weeks...
          He does seem knowledgeable and lifeless - you are right, he will be difficult to stomach this week - I guess it will be mr jody applegate and don la greca instead

Comment

• Could not find anywhere that was airing the meeting. Nowhere. Couldn't even find it on the illegal online streaming sites.

Whoever is running this should really be ding more to promote the event ... it is a landmark in the US sporting calender.

There is a real separation between racing in various parts of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                I'll take Palace Malice, Orb, and Charming Kitten for the trifecta.
                That's the closest I came to picking the Derby winner since 1996, the only year I ever picked the winning horse.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  That's the closest I came to picking the Derby winner since 1996, the only year I ever picked the winning horse.
                  The year Grindstone nipped my horse, Cavonnier, at the wire!

The Blood-Horse:
                  "Television coverage of the May 4 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on NBC drew about 16.2 million viewers, up 9% from 2012 and the second-highest number since 1989, according to The Nielsen Company.

NBC Sports, in a May 7 release, said the household rating of 9.7 with a 21 share for the race portion from 6:05-6:53 p.m. EDT was the best since 2010 and tied 2009 as the second-highest rated Derby since 1992, when ABC covered the race. The 9.7/21 rating was up 8% from 9.0/20 last year, and up 14% from 8.5/19 in 2011. The share measures the percentage of TVs in use that were tuned to the network."

Comment

• Any bets on the Preakness?

Put some exacta bids down with Orb winning each one.

Comment

• I went with Goldencents and an exacta with him and Oxbow. But it still wouldn't shock me in the least if Orb won going away.

Comment

• Crumbs.

Comment

• "Awb was awf his game today" - what WFAN NY radio host Mike Francesa will say about the race on Monday
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Ha! I thought this thread was dredged up from last September!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Ha! I thought this thread was dredged up from last September!
                              That Triple Crown is easy compared to this one!

Comment

• Sir Henry Cecil, who trained Frankel and many other greats in his career, dies of cancer at age 70.

Comment

Working...
                                X