i would not do netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would not do netflix

i went to watch a few movies. had a name and password from a friend. and any movie i went to watch wasn't immediately available to watch. had to order it from the mail. there were other movies i could watch immediately but not the older ones i wanted.

what a crap ****ing service. lol.

now thats a business and stock that deserves to be hammered and out of business.

i can tell you. netflix won't be around much longer.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i went to watch a few movies. had a name and password from a friend. and any movie i went to watch wasn't immediately available to watch. had to order it from the mail. there were other movies i could watch immediately but not the older ones i wanted.

what a crap ****ing service. lol.

now thats a business and stock that deserves to be hammered and out of business.

i can tell you. netflix won't be around much longer.
    Well, if this doesn't draw Papa Deuce outta the nether regions and back onto the RJ boards, nothing will...
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
      Well, if this doesn't draw Papa Deuce outta the nether regions and back onto the RJ boards, nothing will...
      lol, i wish.

some WWI movies.

click low quality

Comment

Wow. I love Netflix. Of course, I do not stream anything, so I can't speak to that service, but I set up movies on my queue and movies show up in my mail. I watch them when I want and send them back. I spend zero time keeping myself watching whatever movie I want. Their DVD database is very extensive, even with foreign and oddball hard-to-find films. I especially like it for watching TV series that I miss (which is ALL now, because I don't really watch TV). Netflix rules.

And while I haven't been following their stock lately, last I heard it was WAY up.

Comment

We have the streaming-only service because it's so much cheaper, but yeah, there have been too many times when the particular thing we want to see isn't available for streaming. And my understanding for why this is so is that when Netflix initially bought the right to distribute these films for rent, the contracts did not include the right to stream, so those permissions have to be negotiated/purchased separately. I love streaming logistically, I just hope that as time passes they'll get all the streaming rights.

Comment

Had Netflix since Christmas ... amazing value for money, and a flawless service so far.

Since just before House of Cards was released, stock value is up 100%.

Comment

would you, could you, in a boat?
              could you, would you, with a goat?

I would not, could not, in a boat
              I could not, would not, with a goat
              I do not like them in a tree
              I do not like them, SeaDog, you'll see
              I do not like them here or there
              I do not like them anywhere
              I would not, could not do Netflix
              I Nullnor will not watch those pics!
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                would you, could you, in a boat?
                could you, would you, with a goat?

I would not, could not, in a boat
                I could not, would not, with a goat
                I do not like them in a tree
                I do not like them, SeaDog, you'll see
                I do not like them here or there
                I do not like them anywhere
                I would not, could not do Netflix
                I Nullnor will not watch those pics!
                Don't get high on your own supply dude

Comment

WE have subscribed to the DVD service for almost 2 years and it has been wonderful. We eliminated the streaming because there wasn't anything worth watching. Their "New Releases" were movies from 10 years ago.

Comment

I mostly use the streaming as a sort of DVR in my bedroom so that I can watch episodes of Parks and Rec, Scrubs, South Park, etc. while falling asleep. It's also been great for catching up on series like Lost, Dexter, and The West Wing. It's definitely worthless for new releases, but I still have a decent amount of movies I'm excited to see in my queue.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      I mostly use the streaming as a sort of DVR in my bedroom so that I can watch episodes of Parks and Rec, Scrubs, South Park, etc. while falling asleep. It's also been great for catching up on series like Lost, Dexter, and The West Wing. It's definitely worthless for new releases, but I still have a decent amount of movies I'm excited to see in my queue.
                      I agree. We too use it mostly for streaming TV series, both current and off-the-air. They don't tend to get the major studio releases, but we can often find those in the public library for free rental - that's how we saw The Hunger Games. They do have lots of recent documentaries as well as lots of older studio films. And plenty of stuff for the kids, so whenever we need it we can always pull up a new Sesame Street, Super Why, Wonder Pets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        And plenty of stuff for the kids, so whenever we need it we can always pull up a new Sesame Street, Super Why, Wonder Pets, etc.
                        Do you find yourself asking, "Who do you want to save today?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Do you find yourself asking, "Who do you want to save today?"
                          I was thinking of getting a sign for my conference room saying "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" But then I think better of it. To the FlyBoat!

Comment

Safe to assume that Ming Ming is your favorite?

Comment

i picture B-Fly as more of a Linny type guy...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X