Cory Booker needs to be our President someday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Booker needs to be our President someday

He's the closest thing to a superhero we have in American politics.

Bad. Ass. Somehow I don't see Mayor Lukey Ravenstahl doing that.

Comment

wow that is awesome
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        He's the closest thing to a superhero we have in American politics.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...-jesus-moment/
        A friend posted this story as his Facebook status the other and I made the same comment. He's on his way. Let's hope Jersey doesn't trip him up.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Bad. Ass. Somehow I don't see Mayor Lukey Ravenstahl doing that.
          Or Mike Bloomberg, for that matter.

Comment

Or Mike Bloomberg, for that matter.
            Well in all honesty I wouldn't want Mayor Mike to do that. I like him too much. Other people might wish he would run into a burning building.

Comment

And ARod doing double duty as Newark Police detective!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I saw Booker play football in high school - incredible player. Only other player I can recall seeing who was THAT good at that age was veteran NFL tight end Greg Olsen. Booker played at Stanford, too, but then he got distracted by all that Rhodes Scholar type stuff.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I saw Booker play football in high school - incredible player. Only other player I can recall seeing who was THAT good at that age was veteran NFL tight end Greg Olsen. Booker played at Stanford, too, but then he got distracted by all that Rhodes Scholar type stuff.
                  What a loser. ;-)

Comment

Booker vs. Christie would be a hell of a governor's race.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Especially because they have been quite chummy, in spite of being from different parties.

I think they each may want to avoid a head-on battle at any level.

Christie has a specific fondness for Booker's mayoral city of Newark, and has some roots there.

And Booker has a personal background at least as well-off as Christie had.

More similar than a lot of people might think.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Especially because they have been quite chummy, in spite of being from different parties.

I think they each may want to avoid a head-on battle at any level.

Christie has a specific fondness for Booker's mayoral city of Newark, and has some roots there.

And Booker has a personal background at least as well-off as Christie had.

More similar than a lot of people might think.
                        I too think they'd probably wish to avoid each other, as they do get on pretty well and each wouldn't mind seeing the other's star rise. Booker's current term as Newark Mayor ends in 2014, and I don't think he's likely to bail on Newark mid-term. Lautenberg's Senate seat is up in 2014 and he's unlikely to seek re-election at age 92. I think that might be Booker's next race. Christie faces re-election in 2013, if he doesn't leave early to run with Romney.

Comment

I too think they'd probably wish to avoid each other, as they do get on pretty well and each wouldn't mind seeing the other's star rise. Booker's current term as Newark Mayor ends in 2014, and I don't think he's likely to bail on Newark mid-term. Lautenberg's Senate seat is up in 2014 and he's unlikely to seek re-election at age 92. I think that might be Booker's next race. Christie faces re-election in 2013, if he doesn't leave early to run with Romney.
                          Christie has a very bright future--I would absolutely hate to see him hitch his wagon to Romney's failed star.

Comment

Nice work by Christie and Booker on this video for the NJ Press Association Correspondents Dinner.

Comment

CNN breaking news: Lautenberg won't seek re-election in 2014, presumably clearing the path for Booker.

Comment

Working...
                              X