Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I Romney gets elected, he will dodge rocks from both extremes.
    Just like Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      It's good for fundraising and for GOTV. Romney raised a lot of money in the wake of the S.Ct. opinion because people realized that Obamacare won't be wiped away by the Court and would instead require a legislative repeal pushed and signed by a Republican president. As for GOTV, some Tea Partiers and other conservatives were lukewarm about Romney and may have been tempted to look for a third-party protest vote or even stay home. The need to roll back Obamacare through legislation further incentivizes them to line up behind Romney. Romney also now has an argument that conservatives need to elect him so he can appoint more conservative justices, too.
      All good points - I'll merely add another - with Obamacare being declared constitutional since it involves a tax, it's repeal can also be set forth in a bill that can't be filibustered by the Senate. Knowing there's a realistic shot of legislatively overturning Obamacare is going to really going to get conservative voters out in droves.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        All good points - I'll merely add another - with Obamacare being declared constitutional since it involves a tax, it's repeal can also be set forth in a bill that can't be filibustered by the Senate. Knowing there's a realistic shot of legislatively overturning Obamacare is going to really going to get conservative voters out in droves.
        yup, 51 votes kills it. However, I still dont believe repubs will do it. They might alter it, but obamacare in some form will be with us until we go bankrupt.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Both are clearly willing to straight up lie in order to garner votes.....so there's that, I guess.
          Speaking of rock-throwing extremists...

Comment

• The mandate was the only unpopular part of the law so if they're going to overturn it, they'll need an actual plan in place to offer true healthcare reform. That's something we haven't heard yet from the Rmoney campaign

Comment

• Sabato's take: http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...al-status-quo/

OK, the staff wrote the article. UVa is not treating as a big political football.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                  This used to be stupid. Now it's just boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    This used to be stupid. Now it's just boring.
                    Just a question...with the mandate are people here illegally going to have to purchase insurance? I honestly don't know, but I'd be interested in the answer.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• "Biggest tax increase in US History"

Yea, not so much

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        "Biggest tax increase in US History"

Yea, not so much
                        That is some fast company, though. Right there with the "Read my lips" increase. Given the age of almost all the others, it may be the biggest in dollars.

I never realized the Truman years were so loaded with increases.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• interesting take on the SCOTUS health care ruling by Jeffrey Toobin.
                          more appealing to the left than to the right, but worth a read either way:

The Chief Justice and the Court did the right thing in one of the most important cases that they will ever decide...
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Interesting take on medicare expansion based on a new study http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wo...d-saved-lives/

Comment

• Papa John's gets a pick-up from Denny's http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/...employee-hours

What I don't understand is why are we being asked to pay 5% more when they're going to cut the employee hours so that they don't have to offer them coverage. Shouldn't it be one or the other, not both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Papa John's gets a pick-up from Denny's http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/...employee-hours

What I don't understand is why are we being asked to pay 5% more when they're going to cut the employee hours so that they don't have to offer them coverage. Shouldn't it be one or the other, not both?

They shouldn't be doing that. Also why would they have to do it before 2014?

This seems really wrong. I have no choice but to stop going to Denny's and spend my dollars at Chic-fil...oh wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X